Thread: August 17th Great Western Buell Meetup ver 2.0

Okay, lets try this again.

A GREAT event up in Washington, Basically up interstate 5 from Oregon, Go to Mile post #88 exit. Head to the town of Tenino. its approx 4-5 more miles till town. head for the center of town, then take a right turn and go about 3 blocks to the main city park in the middle of town (look for the tall fir trees)

This event is actually the AMCA (Antique Motorcycle club of America) Evergreen chapter regional meet. While this event is a Bike show, Swap meet, club rides, and car show as well on Sunday too,,,, its intended for vintage but no reason we cant meet up there. Cool bikes and old machinery are always welcome.

So,, for more info on the event,, see the website for the chapter club Evergreen chapter
    at www.evergreenAMCA.org look at the pictures and information on this event.

the event itself runs from Friday afternoon to Sunday,. August 16,17 and 18. The best day is Saturday,, but Sunday is cool too as the Quarrymen car club hold a cruise in and car show in the lower field part of the park.

The AMCA is primarily vintage american bikes,,, but a good selection of British and European shows up,, a small showing of Asian bikes too,...

Its FREE FREE FREE to get in... vendors and campers pay a fee, camping is allowed all weekend. This is a very cool laid back event, good deals on parts and bikes, and a social event for nutters like myself and Motorcycle Hoarders (Im a bike hoarder)

So,,, ill find out what booth ill work out of,,ill be sharing a booth with my friend Dave Varner, who deals in vintage british bike stuff. If you need to , you can check with the show organizers and ask where Dave Varner is,, then Ask Dave for me,.. Doug the internet annoyance. I will have parts and maybe some bikes for sale there...

I own multiple Buells, a Tuber and several XBs,, but i wont be riding them this event,, Ill be in my truck, buying and selling vintage bike parts. Im looking still for some odds and ends buell parts still,,, so if you have some hit me up. If you are looking for vintage british parts or bikes hit me up. I also will be selling some Japanese bike stuff as well.

Beers on me,, ill bring a cooler, or if you are riding,, ill have ice waters and lemonade and pop in the cooler.

Any excuse to do a bike event is super cool.

Usually theres food vendors, but my advice is on main street in front of the shopping center (Albertsons or Safeway,,cant remember which it is) but theres an old 1950s style diner resturant. GREAT food, Awesome breakfasts with big omelletes and toast,, lunches and dinners are good too... good prices too.

Saturday night there is Stock car racing at the South end of town near the interstate,,, Tenino speedway,, or the official name is "South Sound Speedway" Street stocks, super stocks, minis and others,, see the South Sound Speedway website for more details, Its fun stuff and those guys run hard..

For my cell number PM Me direct. Hope to see you guys up there.... Need a chopper project? hit me up, Got some dirt bikes and a enduro too..

:p;):D:):p:p;):D:)

bump, anyone? will be fun