, nothin, sunday, monday, b.t.w, xb12s, running, solve, hi-beam, checked, fuses, begging, yesterday, shower, 2weeks, replaced, florida, switch, difference, check, blown, ignition/kill, parked, daily, today, gauges, tryed" /> This sux! No fuel pump no start no headlight please help! - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: This sux! No fuel pump no start no headlight please help!

did you load the drivers for the cable?

Did you try wiggling the wires to the voltage regulator?

Ya I loaded the driver. I was on the computer for an hour last night download drivers and what not. I don't know if they are the right ones. I just tried to follow the directions. I even redownload ECMspy and still nothing. It dosent read the port. Com 3 and com 4 are open but that's it.
    And yes I wiggled all the wires I could and still no headlight fuel pump or starter. Back to square one, plus not understanding ECMspy.
    Probably pure ignorance with ECMspy but I sure did try!

Well, now i would go back to the battery and remove and clean those connections along with the ground straps under the seat. Also - check the connector where you plugged the voltage regulator into the harness.

For ECMSPY cable - search a bit on here older threads, especially Xopti's posts/responses. There was one i remember wher it had a very good step by step for the cable drivers - including how to navigate through your version of windows into system settings on which ports were defined and which drivers were associated with them.

Good luck,,
    Rus

Dirt , I had same problem and the new cable I got did not have the wires soldered to the pins in the connecter they were just crimped and came out of the pins . I took it apart carefully and soldered the wires in the pins and took note of what wire went were. When I hooked back up it started to read the com port. Hopefully this mite fix your problem.

Well Russ I believe it was a bad wire from the crank sensor. ( the grey three pronge connector coming from the back of the case). Went to Harley and bought a new pin, installed it in the connector and she's working!!! Thanx for all the help!!

rchuff- ya I've heard that sometimes the pins in the connector of the cable aren't seated right. And u can pull up on them a lil to get them closer to the top. So I did and ofcoarse the last pin I was pulling on ripped out so I bought a new pin at Harley and I'm goin to fix it now. Then see if I can get it to read. Thanx for the help!!

Well I thought I fixed it. Rode the bike for about an hour. Got home an about an hour later tryd to start it and no fuel pump no head light no starter.
    I did get my ECMspy hooked up when the bike was running and had no trouble codes. So I took it for a ride. And came home and it wouldn't start or prime again. And now ECMspy won't read my bike now.
    Haven't got the slightest idea on what's goin on. This sux!

Have you gotten any further on this? I am literally in the same boat as you right now. No headlight and no fuel pump priming. Cranks and dash cycles but no start. Any information would be very helpful. Thank you.

I'll revive this thread because I'm having the exact same problem: bike rode great yesterday, went out today and no fuel pump prime, no starter, no headlights.

OP, did you solve your issue? Obviously, it must be electrical. My fuses are all good. Relays unknown (I'll get some replacements this weekend & try).

I'll finish this out; FIXED IT! Turns out it was the Key Switch relay, left side of the handlebars. $12 at my local parts store!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234