Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: on a VERY tight budget

got an xb9r that is fully stock, so far, looking at D7D duel out slip on, the airbox delete from ASB,a baker xl6, mew pulleys, and the preprogrammed ecm from EBR, I want to keep the acceleration the same if not better and still be able to burry the speedometer needle well below the factory 160mph mark...any suggestions?

What? Low budget, but you want all that.

Performance mods will only get you so much on these bikes. The bike regardless of the available modes will never do 160mph.

Suggestions: get the exhaust and air box delete. Purchase a tuning cable ($50) download ecmspy or tunerpro (free) research and modify your stock ECM for your setup. Cheapest route to gain power and at the same time learn a ton.

An exhaust air box and a simple tune is all you need, but dont be too disappointed when its not 1,000,456,d7,30,blue,green, gillion more horsepower. And you cant do warp 9.9

revperf bigbore kit and a chain conversion.if you just want to bury the speedo chain conversion

still be able to burry the speedometer needle well below the factory 160mph mark
    Lol

The Baker XL6 won't work on your bike.

hmmm...all very helpful and greatly appreciated, but brings about the next question, wasn't there a factory 6spd for the XB models? I thinking kinda remedially here, but with less weight, a tweaked out gearbox, and the power to turn the ratios, shouldn't one b able to convince his local police to give him an impressive driving award (speeding ticket)? a chain kit is probably a given due to the ease of switching out the final drive, but that will only do so much in the long run on its on...

Theycallmecrash; wild as it may sound, I actually am on a tight budget. im just trying to get my shopping list together to cover the next few years lol not like she will be turning a lap by the end of summer haha

@Tork: do you know of any 6 speed trans for the xb that would work? maybe there is a manufacturer out there who has one that will bolt up and be similar in exterior dimensions?

Your kinda asking a lot for a low budget. These bikes just arnt fast. They got great low end grunt and are more fun than any bike can legally be. In my mind the funnest bike ever made for the money.

The best money would be spent on a exhaust , programming and a chain conversion . But I wouldn't expect a super bike. If you want a stupid fast bike for cheap it would be easier to buy a older gsxr 750 . But I think the Buell is just better will a solid exhaust a good tune and some sticky tires. It's not ment to be stupid fast . It just a fun 0-60 bike .

stupid fast: no
    enough to keep the cops from chasing me to find out what it is or give me a ticket for the sound of the exhaust: YES!!!
    biggest problem with that is I gotta be able to out run the new chargers that are weighted down with all that police gear (a solid 150mph without going chernoble should do), and still accelerate quickly enough that having to take turns super slow (extreamly rough roads around here) wont matter...but again I must ask that everyone please keep in mind that this is just an effort to form a shopping list, one step at a time yall lol

Welcome to gixxer.com.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast