Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: on a VERY tight budget

To gain higher top speed you will have to sacrifice acceleration. And you wont be able to produce enough horsepower to make up for the loss in acceleration. Ive done the pull to 140mph a few times, it was slow, took a lot of time and covered a lot of distance before it was there. What you are asking for, is to be put into jail, shunned by other riders, lose your life, loose a limb, or become a bigger retard, or all those things. Its starting to sound like you got the wrong bike, then again motorcycles were never designed or intended to be tools for evading police. Good luck Squid

stupid fast: no
    enough to keep the cops from chasing me to find out what it is or give me a ticket for the sound of the exhaust: YES!!!
    biggest problem with that is I gotta be able to out run the new chargers that are weighted down with all that police gear (a solid 150mph without going chernoble should do), and still accelerate quickly enough that having to take turns super slow (extreamly rough roads around here) wont matter...but again I must ask that everyone please keep in mind that this is just an effort to form a shopping list, one step at a time yall lol
    Great plan! Let me know how that works out. Seriously running from the cops is a dumb idea. It only makes them want to right you more tickets , maybe even soccer kick your face in for being a moron. I know many cops and everyone will give you a break if you honest and stop . By running your only putting your own life in danger.

Just a example last year I was pulled over by a state trooper on a back road I was going 120mph he thought I was running from him. He was pissed untill he realised I had no idea he had been following me. I apologized and he wrote me for a non moving violation.

Drive smart all the gear in the world can't save a wreak less driver

Im starting to think I would have more success by explaining the nature of law enforcement in my local area...if your pipes are loud enough to be heard from the inside of a car parked next to you while you are at engine idle (regarless of year make and model), you go to jail, they impound your ****, strip the parts, sell them on ebay, pocket the cash, kick the bike over and slide it about for a bit, and put on the report that you low sided while evading and resisting all because you try to have and enjoy nice things and they are scared of vehicles with less than four wheels...my thought is: we all know your gonna accuse me of it so why not be able to do it? especially when taking into consideration the fact that just last night I was pulled over due to lack of visibility and given an improper equipment violation due to my exhaust being insufficiently noisy...o and did I mention I happen to live in bass akwrads NW ALABAMA, of all the places in the world to find a buell...seriously, its almost as if I am being asked to cross all lines of reasonability from everyone under the sun, and all I want to do is be left to enjoy my buell...and not get run over or be told that it is my fault bc no1 can see or hear me...

maybe I should just say it like this: bring your street bikes around my way, spend the weekend, and you will understand why I ask what I am looking for...but I still think everyone is under the impression that my bike will undergo extensive mods this winter...when truth is, it seems like everyone has already made up their mind about other riders based on the mods they intend to do, no one seems to have noticed that im just tryin to piece together ideas for the time being, or that ill be lucky to be able to pick up a K&N air filter this winter...

I'm sure you feal like your being profiled but seems to me you come off with the wrong aditude. Now I don't know how johnylaw works around you . But cops are humans too! Many ride bikes and do simular things as us . Perhaps you would get farther with respect than making a run for it. I'm not judging I had a simular outlook abou 12years ago so I get why you think it's a good idea to run but I'm telling you it's a really dumb idea. You may get away with it once maybe a dozen times . But your aditude could getcha killed too. I just hope you smartin up before it catches up with you. No matter how fast you think you are you can't out run a radio. Now if you still want advice on how to evading the fuzz I think you will find a crotch rocket forum with a bunch of teens on it more suitable to that conversation.

unfortunately in my town the brass removes all hints of humanity...its like when they r on company time all bets are off and if u have something that would out flash or out run their harley that they refuse to take care of, thats when they start to act lile peiole again, well, locals any way...they dont care about u unless they are bringing you down, & the badge is just more reason to do so...i just want them to be so impressed and awestruck (or maybe even confused) by my bike that they are too busy scratching their heads or too scared because of it being unique to trash it while i wait to get out...point is, buells are different, and i want mine to end up being even more so to the point that when i get locked up for driving more $$$ that what bubbah shiny-badge has in his retirement account, that its differences buy me time to get out & save my baby before they do what they do...

@Tork: do you know of any 6 speed trans for the xb that would work? maybe there is a manufacturer out there who has one that will bolt up and be similar in exterior dimensions?
    None that I am aware of. Also, the XB motors do not feature a drop-in transmission design. The tranny is internal to the engine, requiring the cases to be split for any type of transmission repairs or modifications. So regardless of manufacturer/vendor, a transmission upgrade would not be a simple bolt-on project. There were no 6-speed factory Buells until the 1125s.

If you want the ability to tweak your own final drive ratio to a desired quickness or top speed (one or the other), then a chain drive system is probably your best shot. Note that if you regear for higher top speed, it'll take you longer to get there, as Crash mentioned. The lower revs might give you a few additional miles per gallon, but you're not going to turn an XB into a rocket.

Learn to love the torque that these bikes are designed and are famous for. If top speed is your priority, it'd be cheaper, easier, and probably less stressful to just buy a faster bike.

A. Buy a camera

B. If they're that bad, never ride alone.

Oh. My. God.

Tips to outrun the cops: sell your Buell, jacket and helmet. Buy Gixxah, wife beater and flip flops.

You would seriously attempt to evade the police over an exhaust violation? How about you just leave the stock can on there and not street ride like a god damned idiot? Problem solved.

If your reasoning is simply that you want to go fast, I can get behind that. Book yourself a track day and rip it up.

Oh. My. God.

Tips to outrun the cops: sell your Buell, jacket and helmet. Buy Gixxah, wife beater and flip flops.

You would seriously attempt to evade the police over an exhaust violation? How about you just leave the stock can on there and not street ride like a god damned idiot? Problem solved.

If your reasoning is simply that you want to go fast, I can get behind that. Book yourself a track day and rip it up.
    You sir, are getting an up vote for this. I've been reading this all night laughing. I'm all for people wanting to go fast and learning the craft of motorcycling but if it's really that bad where this guy is, I'd keep it stock for the streets or just build a track only bike that I can run hard.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast