Thread: Low AFV after rebuild?

Stupid Buell.

Ok i feel a little better. As some of you know i recently rebuilt my transmission, new roller bearings, re sealed everything, new piston rings, honed cylinders, de-carboned pistons and heads/valves. Nothing performance as much as i wanted to. Ill be doing a seperate thread of my adventures with how and who cause its pretty crazy. Well its maiden voyage was from San Diego to Monterey for MotoGP, went well took some awesome roads, had a stupid fluke of an oil leak on way home, fixed it no biggy.... So i thought.

My issues was rear push rod cover lower seal got torn so i replaced it, thats a head removal... Again. After the repair, took for a test ride and it ran like crap mile down the road, bogged down barely got home. Felt like no gas. Hooked to the laptop, O2 sensor biased switching up and down 0.1-0.6 volts, but lthe AFV was 84? Wtf? Reset AFV to 100, ran great again. AFV 90? Still biased O2. Replaced sensor switching 0.1-0.8 volts much better! Reset AFV 100, road felt fine, re-check 85!!! WTF?!?!

Mods: open air box, breather mod, custom exhaust similar to jardine.

kind of sounds like you either have a fuel leak at the injector , or a bad injector . i would start there , and check the color of your plugs too .

Well im about to start looking intoy ass bakwards problem today. I as well suspected leaky injector(s)

Only issue with that is if i set the AFV positive, it runs better.

This thing defies reality right now.

try turning off the o2 sensor and learn mode and see what happens

ets failure

Tested ETS that is working correctly less than a 20 deg difference measure and what the computer sees.

Injectors showed no signs of leaking or flooding. Spark plugs were white.

Road it around a bunch felt perfectly fine. Road somemore AFV is currently 99.99% no idea what was up, i havent reset it. Maybe everything still breaking in new O2 finally working. No idea. Ill keep an eye on it do some data logs here in a few days, i caused some sever bruising in my hands and sore forearms from work so itll be a few days before i can really get out and ride it.

Thanks for the suggestions, always good to bounce ideas off others. Even you ich.