Thread: head light

hi,
    I wanted to ask here, maybe you know what the front lamp? maybe there is somewhere to buy? Is this handmade masterpiece?
    http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l3...BlackBuell.jpgheadlamp

They are mass production pieces. Don't get the knock offs like some do. The light output is actually pretty bad though. I took mine back off once I figured that out.

I'll find the link when I'm on an actual computer and not my phone.

Acerbis makes them.
    They are cheap pieces that usually use a small household type bulb that puts out no light. You can swap the bulb, but that usually melts the whole housing.
    In short... find something else. (unless I'm mixing it up with the other cheap streetfighter headlights)
    Pretty sure they are intended to run on a dirtbike, with limited voltage and not at any type of speed.

If you just want the look, don't ride at night, and don't care that many will scoff at it.... search ebay for streetfighter headlight or acerbis headlight.

The acerbis one I believe is actually fiberglass, but the knock offs are straight plastic.

I believe that model is called the Acerbis Cyclops. It's pretty popular with Supermotos but they all say the same thing, the light output sucks. Not great for the night time but if you're only riding in the day, go for it.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...Headlight.aspx

Poor light output day or night is a serious safety issue too high a price to pay for a cosmetic change even if its the robotic insect look you realy want.

thanks alot.

Stick to something safe there are some unique bikini fairings available that could change the look if thats the goal I had a carbon fibre fairing on my Xb9 when I got her and it allways looked cheesy I got a new stock midnight black assembaly that came with a new emblem and foam from kutter HD fir less than used parts sell for on ebay I am loving the new look and would suggest anyone who has a buell of any model to get a parts manual and compae price new vs used

spend extra cash on headlite. u get what u pay for here