Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: gopro hero 3 silver reviews

The thing with these cameras is, it's like going to best buy to buy a flat screen tv. When you have 30 tv's side by side with the frames touching, you can see the differences in picture quality. But when you take it home and mount it on the wall, there's nothing to compare it to and you're happy that you got a bad ass new flat screen.

Point is, picture quality is pretty comparable between these cameras and all will work well on the bikes. That play back/viewing feature on the android is cool, but I have apple so that wouldn't apply for me.

Just get one, you'll be glad you did.

A few months ago Best Buy had the Contour on sale. I was all set to buy it but I waited too long and it went off sale. I ended up getting the Hero black and I love it! None of the action cams are perfect all-around but I'm glad I pulled the trigger on the Hero eventhough it was pricey. If you get the Hero and plan on mounting it on the handle bars check out rammounts.com.... Much better than the stock mount IMHO. I used the wi fi app with my iPhone at first but then got the LCD Bacpac. It makes the unit a bit larger but it is wasier to use than the wi fi app and it gives you full playback. You can shut it off without powering down the main unit if you want you conserve battery power. It's a fun toy!

me and my roomate both bot one, he got a contour and i got a silver 3. He doesnt even bring his anymore unless i make him( so i can see me in his footage lol). End of story, he regrets going cheap and buying the contour and is currently looking for a buyer if you want it. seriously.

Ok everyone likes their hero 3. I did a little video, but was not real happy with the video. What settings is everyone using. Ihad it set in 1080p so I can view it on my phone but it was grainy and you couldn't see any detail because of the wide angle view.

I think I keep mine at 720p and 60fps. I download them to my Mac and use iMovie to edit. The quality is great - not grainy at all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12