Thread: Loosing power and sound...

Hi,
    I have a XB12R-04 with the following mods, Buell race pipe, Air box delete, crank case vent re-route.

Now to the issue....
    It has lost some of itĀ“s nice rumbling sound, no stutter around 2500-3000rmp and a loss of Power especially in higher rpmĀ“s. It feels a lot like driving with the stock exhaust can (boring!).
    I have tried to check if the race pipe has been blocked/broken but couldnĀ“t find anything so now IĀ“m qlueless...

Does anybody have an idea what the problem can be?

//Dogge

It sounds like you are getting used to the sound and the feel of the power, ride/ drive something else and then go back to the Buell. At least thats what it sounds like to me, it has happened in multiple vehicles to me.

No, IĀ“m sure something has happened, it feels completely choked up.

Tps reset?

you gained a lot of weight?

I will try the TPS reset, but I donĀ“t really see how that could affect the noise level..??

If you have a Jardine pipe, last I checked they have to be repacked every now and again

This is the one I have. And wouldnĀ“t it get louder if it has lost the glass wool? Mine has gone quiet.

there is no wool inside of the buell race pipe. It's just baffles and tubes. The buell race pipes are not very loud at all. When I had mine it was very quite. Just a tad bit louder than stock. Wondering if you changed helmets since? I have several and each one makes the exhaust note sound different. Also weather conditions will change the bikes performance as it will adjust to climate change.

Got quieter? Loss of power? Hard to believe that aĀ*restricted exhaust is the cause. A dead cylinder maybe? Have you gone through all the usual basic diagnostic procedures yet? Check spark, fuel, air.