Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Roll back" my odometer

When I replaced one of my speedos on my 1125, the current mileage from ecm transferred over to new instrument cluster. FYI

I'm 99.9% sure that the odometer reading is stored inside the speedo unit on a lightning. The 1125's must store it in the ECM, like a car does.
    I received a quick response from my e-mail to him:

"Hello,
    unfortunately the way it works is a little more complicated than just get your dash circuit board manipulated!
    There are several steps to set the ODO reading correctly, first there is some soldering of a ROM CHIP which was pre-programmed to a reading of 2mls, in the next step the reading can only be set by “counting up”.
    I’m outsourcing the soldering process every time I have a minimum of 25 pcs together. (which will not happen this year anymore)
    The best I can offer you is the dash circuit board with the requested ODO reading for $125 incl. shipping and programming.
    I do not need to see any paperwork, you can request any reading you want.
    Let me know if you want to proceed and I will send you a PayPal payment request!

Best Regards
    Marcus

He seems like a straight up guy, and the deal is fair if you need it. I quoted his contact info in case anyone here needs his help.

In my case, I found a broken, but working dash on ebay with very close to the right mileage for cheap! I'll swap the parts and be back to legit status[:)]

I would love to know how to increase the mils, in my case the km, so I have the correct number, around 100000 km on it, and don't need to make quick mathematics to know the correct number :D

You could take before photos and document each panel. Install new one. When you sell later on you will know the exact mileage by referencing the original.

I just ordered a cluster for a 2004 XB12R and you can specify the mileage that will be programmed on the new one. The mileage is stored in the gauge cluster.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12