Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Probably a FAQ Exhaust?

http://www.buellxb.com/Buells-for-Sa...iring-brackets

I'm having the next run done without powdercoating, too many have asked for it without. I don't know what the price will be on them without it yet. I can have them done individually or just do paint or ceramic on them here.

Thanks Dean. Of course I asked before checking your site again, so oops.
    It looks like yours is a real contender, although the price is a little stiff for a slip-on. Especially if I have to drop another $100 for the bracket. I'll ponder that awhile as I continue my research.

Any other suggestions from the others? The only one I think I've eliminated for sure is the Jardine. Probably too loud and too many comments on poor quality here.

Super Moderator
    although the price is a little stiff for a slip-on.
    Quality costs money. That's why both the Keda and the GB are not cheap, but have virtually 100% satisfaction.

I had a GB exhaust when I still had a Buell. I loved it. The exhaust note and performance was exactly what I was looking for. That was before the Keda units were available, so I cannot compare the two other than the many glowing reviews Dean's products have received.

Fair point octopus, and one I often make myself. So it's funny seeing it thrown back at me! I do like the way it looks and sounds too. One last question for here Dean; which of the two you still make for the XB would you say is loudest?

I still do the RT-XB-1 and 2. The xb-1 is completely hand made from 304 ss. I make it in 2 versions, one is repackable, the other is fully welded.

The xb-2 is the modded magnaflow can, the can itself is made of 409 and 436 ss, which is designed/intended to get surface rust. Sure, you can scrub it with ss wool or whatever, but it will not polish anywhere near as nice as 304. Personally I recommend coating it. The remainder of it is all 304 ss since that's all I ever really work with anyway.

Sound between all 3 versions is essentially identical. It's weird, but they're so close it's hard to tell the differences between them. If I had to take a stab at it, the xb-1 repack version is probably the loudest, but it's only by a tiny margin.

Performance is pretty close for them all from the testing I've done. This applies to both 9's and 12's. Minimum gains to this point have been no less than 10% over stock or 9 hp on a xb12. I've seen as much as 11-12 on xb9's from the base of 74-75 hp stock. Mine is currently sitting at either 83 or 84 hp at the wheel, but it's going to be torn down soon, the output shaft from the trans is making noises and I suspect a bad couple of bearings there.

I have the Keda I want to say its the rolling thunder. My bike came with it. Sweet as hell......also loud as hell. No one can say they didn't hear me when they ran me over...

I put a D&D system on my bike with EBR ECM. I like it because it is solid steel and you can jack up the bike under this pipe and it can also serve as a skid plate if necessary. As far as power, sound, gas mileage, etc., I have absolutely no complaints. Very nice system.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12