Thread: temperature gauge??

has anyone ever put a temp gauge on their bikes and if so how?? pics?? been thinking it would be nice to know real time what the temp is and short of ecmspy bluetooth to a phone on the bars i dont know where i could put one. oil temp gauge maybe but would like to know what the head temp is since thats what the ecm goes off of. thanks

I have been looking at doing this myself but not really seen any posts about doing it. I have been thinking of using a digital guage and tapping in to the cylinder head temp sender wire. I was looking at this guage but would like something a little smaller
    digital guage

Saw a post here a while back showing a mod on the oil dip stick. It was placing a thermometer in the oil dip stick.

Saw a post here a while back showing a mod on the oil dip stick. It was placing a thermometer in the oil dip stick.
    Yup, this is the most common way of fitting a an oil temp gauge. You won't get a reading at the head like you stated you want, but you will be able to tell when the oil is at operating temp so you can start cranking on the throttle!

thanks cooter! thats def an easy way to get off the ground for the time being. im looking into different sensors right now that are plug sensors and contact sensors for the head. found a few that may work but still have alot of searching to do.

Found this one on goggle search.

Or if u wanta go fancy maybe try this one? Goes into ur oil plug and run a digital gauge to the dash