Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How stuffed am I?

However loctitie wont work in this case.
    That's quite interesting! Thanx, I would have never known!
    I will read up on the safety wire. Riding it to work on Wednesday, so that will give it a good shake down in traffic!

You can read up and i think even download the Loctite application and users guide from the loctite corporation website. everything you ever needed to know about their many products. I use a range of their products.

I used to have the loctite users manual at a job I used to work at. We manufactured a specialized type of machinery and parts kept coming loose on the customers while operating them.

I tried explaining why, no one believed me at first. its one thing if Doug sez so, its another when i can pull out the factory manual and show them, the problem we had was some of the assy guys failed to clean the bolts and hardware properly before install. Loctite wont work when the bolts or parts are oily. you have to have clean bonding surfaces. I showed them how to clean properly and next thing you know stuff stopped failing off.

But then we got calls that when working on the machine, some parts wouldnt come apart, Because we used RED loctite, so the fix was to use a small torch and heat the bolts up to 200 deg F and the loctite would release.

Loctite makes a lot of really good products, but read up on their proper usages and applications. I dont just endorse their products. Im a customer as well;)

All is good in the world of Buell!

No misfiring, no loose sensor, no 6th gear... ;)

Ran perfectly and as an added bonus the promise of a new day full of blessings!

A perfect, fully arched rainbow! :)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234