Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 02 buell blast won't start

Im a new rider. Just got the 02 buell blast 2 days ago. Everything was fine. Now when I try to start it, it was clicking. Now it won't make a sound. Checked battery now I'm lost. Like I said new rider. Can anyone give me some advice

I tried to jump it off with I running car. Hope I didn't make anything worse

Where are you? Maybe someone in your location could come look at it. If you're in south alabama ill come help you. If you have a volt meter see what the battery voltage is while attempting to crank. Should be between 9.6 and 12.5 volts. Check it at the battery posts, then at the cable itself. Maybe its a bad connection there. Make sure it's in Neutral. If all that checks out then gently tap on the starter while trying to start it with a hard rubber hammer. If it cranks only after tapping it then it's a bad connection at the starter or bad starter.

I'm in arkansas. Is the starter by my filter? My first bike dnt knw any riders. Dnt knw where to find help

I'm in arkansas. Is the starter by my filter? My first bike dnt knw any riders. Dnt knw where to find help

I think the starter is behind the engine, about half way up. You could follow the positive wire down to the starter to verify its location.

Ok. I will check on that today.

Your battery is dead.

Do not jump your motorcycle off a car, only other motorcycles. I've fried several voltage regulators that way before someone told me.

Your starter should be fine, they're almost bulletproof (literally). Regardless, it's the sideways cylindrical object behind your airbox on top of the transmission. Don't mess with it.

Take you battery to AutoZone or O'Reilly's and have them test/charge it for you.

Where in Arkansas are you? I spent 8 years in the Rogers/Bentonville area, now I'm in Cali. I still have friends there that could give you a hand.

I live in sherwood. About 10 minutes from little rock. My battery? But my lights and horn still work.

Lights and horn draw very very little amperage, I believe they're fused for 10A. Your starter on the other hand is trying to pull somewhere around 100A.

If you have dead cells, you can provide voltage/power for the low amp stuff but be unable to start.

You need to have your battery load-tested. Any auto parts shop usually does it for free.

All my buddies are in NWA, sorry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast