Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairing mods.

Am I the only one that feels the stock 1125r upper fairing setup seems too high and disconnected from the rest of the bike? To me it makes the bike seem top heavy and the flow of the bike is more of a touring bike than the "sporty" look im after. And honestly I get just as much wind protection from my 1125r as I got from my firebolt. Which is basically none... which is fine. doesnt bother me at all but the way i see it, if the fairing does not serve that function and looks bad (to me) not doing it, then why not make it look good? lol

My purposal?? [img]null[/img]

This is a quick photochop done of the front fairing lowered and pulled slightly forward to match the lines of the pods. The actual mod will most likely not be as extreme due to the path of the handlebars at full tilt but its a general idea of what ill be goin for. Im not sure how this will affect airflow from a performace perspective but I'm willing to give it a shot just to see how it works out.

Relatively simple mod. The fairing stays between the 'bolts and 1125r's are similar so something along the lines of this should work great.

http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Foru...owering-mod/2/

thoughts, comments, and snide remarks are all appreciated :p

I agree with what you said, and you photochop looks good!

http://www.erikbuellracing.com/store...ies-clear.html

That should fix your wind problem. I stay dry in the rain at about 45 with just my helmet over the windscreen with that thing.

http://www.erikbuellracing.com/store/parts-accessories/bodywork/1125-windscreen-zg-sr-series-clear.html

Good suggestion but honestly im not concerned about the wind and rain and im just looking for excuses to do this mod lol.

So hopefully this weekend ill have more time to work on this. Probably going to order a catalyst composites lower fairing and modify it to be one piece with the pods. Got some more photochops for ya!

stock bike to compare to:
    catalyst lowers:

Fimally got some time to get some stuff done. Didnt have the time to do anything major. Just playing around with an idea I had for an extra tail fairing. Planning on painting the exposed subframe black or blue like the frame. Going to be re-routing the latch keyswitch.

Was messing around with photoshop. I've decided to lower and slightly rotate the front fairing. The rotation while producing a more aggressive look should compensate for some drag created from lowering the assembly. Fairing and tail section mockup.

Stock for comparison:

The picture below is an 1125R with the EBR triple tree with vortex 54mm clip ons. Everything else is stock.
    Is this the look your trying to accomplish?

Let me know if the ?mark link works. This dam update to my phone is jank.

Yes the link worked. Not quite what I'm looking for. I have considered clip ons and the ebr triple before. The ergos of the 1125 are not quite what I'm used to.

Those are flexi glass fairings correct? Is that your bike?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast