Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fairing mods.

I wanted the same thing so I dropped mine down almost 2 inches and out about a half inch with a home made bracket for about 20$ at Lowes. I wanted it to go a little lower but this is as far as I could go with just a bracket mod. I was prepared to cut into the front fairing but I think im happy with this. If you want pics of the brackets and bolts I used just inbox me.
    before

after

The Drummer Racing / KD Fabrication bracket is much nicer than the one i used, I would go that route if the make one for the 1125r. 2x2 i think is too far forward not just for looks but for the wiring harness too. I would buy one if anyone knows do they make em??

That looks really good. How stable is the bracket at high speeds?

its 1/8th in thick steel with 3/8 bolts. I just finished it today and it was raining so I didnt take it out but its just as solid as the stock mount. Im not sure about how much the aerodynamics will change. I can only hope that the incredibly ugly stock positioning was not for optimal performance lol.

I was very happy with how it turned out but like I said before The Drummer Racing / KD Fabrication bracket is much nicer than the one i made, I would go that route if the make one for the 1125r. Here is the link - http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Foru...owering-mod/2/

I think 2 inches out is too far for looks and wiring harness on an 1125r but about 2 down and 1/2 inch out looks perfect.

If you like the way mine turned out it was easy as **** and cheap if you have a grinder and some patience.

I used a flat peice of steel from lowes and cut it from my mock template I made from an old for sale sign.

You will need to get a short saw and cut some excess off of the black plastic harness covering for the bracket to fit. Note: I left the eyelet for the bolt hole so I could still mount it back. DONY CUT THE WIRES LOL!

Then I drilled the holes to fit the stock bolts as well as some 15/16 threaded rods.

The rods need to go across to make it solid. If you don't do this it will hold but not be a strong. Note: You need to have lock nuts on the inside to keep from torquing the bracket inward. zip everything down in place like my drawing and presto.

The threaded rods cannot have any excess or else the forks will hit them. This is why you need to have patience. Also use washers on the outside to fit the grooves in the gauage mount. I also used electrical tape on sharp edges to help reduce wear on the wire coverings.

You need an angle grinder, a drill with at a 5/16 or 8mm bits. A 6 inch threaded rod cut in half, 41/4 in. washers and 8 nuts.

My eyeball measurements were way off. Its 1-3/4 down and 1 inch out.

Beef, Did your mod change the headlight angle? Just curious, I really like the outcome of the faring drop in the front. I will be doing it tomorrow, just wanted to see about the headlight beam for night riding.

Also, Where did you get the lower chin fairing? It looks great.

Beam angle is adjustable.

http://www.rasmotodetroit.com/2010/0...iring.html?m=1

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast