Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Line-x bedliner on my buell?

Thinking about having my plastics sprayed by line-x with their bedliner. I don't want to go the DIY spray can route because I know I'll screw it up and I've realized I can't afford to repaint. I really like the look of some of the line-x jobs I've seen out there and I guess I'm just being lazy by asking about pricing. Anybody else done this?

The closest Line-x shop is about 45 min to an hour away and my schedule just doesn't allow me to get these in the next few weeks. They can't give me a price without seeing the parts in person but the guy said a steep estimate would be $6/sq ft. and that they would have to fully encase each piece or it will peel off. I'm fine with a price like that but I just have a feeling I'd show up and there would be something more they'd charge me for.

If anybody has experience with Line-x, I'd love to hear about it. Thanks

i had a frien line x his roof of his jeep. This stuff is very heavy. Make sure they go light.

Linex is great, but I bet it'll be expensive to do your plastics. The problem is the amount of "wasted" overspray when spraying such small and not flat/solid items. I had a quote of like $600 to do the frame on my old suzuki gsf bandit.

What about plasti dip? Isn't that the new "in" thing to do? I think the price really ain't that bad and there's different colors and textures.

https://www.dipyourcar.com/

plastidip is too light weight. scratches at the slightest abrassion

Yea plastidip is co, but for plastics of Gina different route.

I did my rims in plastidip and they are holding up fine, but a friend did his Gsxr in it and its rubbing off all his plastics and tank now...

I did my plastics with spray on Line X. $7.00 can from Home Depot. Came out great!

Not sure how or where you ride, but I feel bed liner is overkill on a street bike. Off road I like it because it's durable & easily repairable. But on the street it weighs a lot compared to paint and I think the XB already has enough visual 'texture' that shiny plastics contrast well with.

Not sure how or where you ride, but I feel bed liner is overkill on a street bike. Off road I like it because it's durable & easily repairable. But on the street it weighs a lot compared to paint and I think the XB already has enough visual 'texture' that shiny plastics contrast well with.

LineX isnt for street bikes imo.

Nibniblee, yours came out looking great. I'd appreciate any tips you have on getting that nice even looking coat.

Quote:

LineX isnt for street bikes imo.
    I guess my last post didn't show up for some reason. I'm not looking at line-x for its durability. I'm just looking for a cheap alternative to paint. Ive got a bad rattle can white paint job from the PO and the price to replace or professionally paint plastics is just too much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast