Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First Buell....She's new...literally.

What's up,

Stoked to be here. Purchased my first Buell this past weekend. 2009 black xb12scg....with only 200 miles on it! Insane. I was beyond excited for this find The bike is 100% stock and in mint condition like I just bought it off the showroom floor. Anyway, I have a lot of respect for these bikes with regards to their unique innovation and one-off look.

I purchased this as my 2nd bike. I have a 2009 R6 that I've poured my entire soul and bank account into :) I track my R6, but it's still can be street legal if I want it to be. I'm slightly over the constant racebike feel on the street, hence the reason I pulled the triigger on this XB for my 2nd bike. It's the perfect 2nd option to a racebike in my opinion. More comfortable riding position, but an awesome motor and it's super agile.

I know sportbikes and Yamahas like the back of my hand, but I'm going to stay very openminded on this Buell forum, because I don't know much about these bikes or this motor. I had the 1st service completed today at my local HD dealership. Would rather do the service myself, but decided I'd let them do the first service to give it an initial once over since it's been idle for a couple years. Did the 1k service even though she only has 260 miles on her right now.

So far, so awesome. I don't plan to tear this XB completely apart like my R6, but tires, mirrors, exhaust, ecm, air filter, and new LEDs all around are in my immediate future. Any other immediate mods I should consider?

Currently trying to decide on the Dummer vs Jardine and what tires to run on this bike. This low end power might rip up my soft sticky tires I'm used to running on my R6. So much cool info to read through here, can't wait. Trying to load a picture, but the pop-up box keeps timing out.

Cheers :D[img][/img]

All pipes > jardine

Congratulations on the new bike and welcome to the board!

We want pictures! Congrats on the new bike!

what tires to run on this bike -> Bridgestone BT-S20 or BT-016's.

This low end power might rip up my soft sticky tires I'm used to running on my R6.
    I run Michelin take-offs on my XB12Ss. Duel compound (med/med soft) tires hold up great, ~4500+ miles on the rear. Duel compound med soft/soft tires even did alright, 3000 miles on the rear. Single compound soft get destroyed in a hurry though, ~800 miles.

Its all about pref but I run the Pirelli Diablos they are not very expensive and even with hard riding they dont slip until you hit the rim. Just my opinion, don't get the corsas they are amazing but with my hard riding I only got 1k out of a set. I'm thinking about getting the new pirelli angels for the 6k+ mileage but dont want to give up the grip. Diablos get 3k to 3500 miles depending. And I have never had problems in the rain, I've ridden through monsoons. .

i just put pirelli diablo's on my xb12 and i like them a lot so far

2nd on the Pirelli's... Got 4500 miles out a back tire... Another tire I've had good luck with is the Michelin...

Congrats on your find... Enjoy that thing... You will not be disappointed...

Thanks for the tire comments. Yea I usually run Michelin power ones on the street and track. Also tried the Michelin Power Supersport this year and love it. Will have to decide if I'm going to put these on the XB or not. Some take sticky take offs might be a good idea as well. Thanks

Any other immediate mods you guys can think of for the XB? I'll obviously do the standard stuff I mentioned above, but just curious if there's anything else unique to this bike.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast