Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are the part #'s for SKF Wheel Bearings?

My 2005 XB9SX is coming up on 11,000 miles and I want to do the wheel bearing while throwing a new set of tires on. What are the part #'s for SKF Wheel Bearings?

Are these the correct numbers for front and rear?
    6005-(2RSH)
    6006-(2RS1)

Or is it 6006-2RSJ ?

What is the difference between the "1" version and the "J" version? Thanks

Inactive
    keith: if i may, just purchase All Balls bearing kits for front and rears. they are pre-packaged, super quality. i keep them in stock for all XB's and they're priced right. pm me if you want me to fire you out the sets. regards, john

Here is what they mean.

2RSJ- older seals
    2RS1- newer seal replaced the 2RSJ ( I think somewhere around 2004-2005 but don't quote me)
    2RSH- newer seal designed for high pressure water exclusion (ie think pressure washer)
    A 2 in front means the seal is on both sides
    C3- clearance greater then normal
    E- reinforced ball set
    M-machined brass cage

We want 6005 for the front and 6006 for the rear size wise. Seal wise I don't notice a difference with any of them. Don't pressure wash or spray water directly into the bearing seal and you will be fine with any of them. Last set I bought the 2RSJ just because they were only $8 a bearing and the warehouse was clearancing a bunch out. For peace of mind run the newer seal but I have not had any problems with grease leakage or water intrusion with the RSJ.

The most current bearings for our bike are....
    Front- 6005-2RSH C3 EM
    Rear- 6006-2RS1 C3 EM (I can't find a 6006 in a 2RSH seal)

Rent a Blind hole puller and Bearing and race driver set from Autozone and its an easy job.

I havent heard of the RSJ before. Even my "old" catalog from 1991 lists RS1 seals in it. But also has the standard RS seals still referenced, I guess the J just meant they had a steel cage. The 2005 catalog has the RSH seals in them. Sorry to make you feel old lawdog.

I agree with the recommendations though. The increased water exclusion capabilities of the RSH make it a superior seal for this application. It is not offered above the 6005 size. See below for reference.

http://www.skf.com/files/260474.pdf

http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Foru...6005-2rs1-2rsh

Thank you guys for the info. I have about 2,000 miles left on my current Michelin Power 2ct's so I will probably be doing the bearings and tires in a couple months (putting on the new Dunlop Q3's). I think I have narrowed it down to using SKF brand.

I was thinking about going with All Balls for wheel bearings but I just don't like using Chinese made components. I have never had good luck with anything made in China. SKF's made in Japan, Europe, or the USA, I feel would use superior steel to Chinese made All Balls....just my opinion. Has anyone used the All Balls and had good luck with them?

I have them on my bike and better than h-d bearings .The quality is really good.

Its hard to beat the price of all balls. They were so cheap i tried them. 10k miles later they are still good. Im sure the skf are better but they seem to work well.

hmm reminds me i need to get my bearings checked next service...

Maybe I'll give the All Balls wheel bearings a try when I change the bearings and tires instead of going with the SKF's. People seem to like them quite a bit.

I haven't used them for wheel bearing but I used All Balls for my steering head bearings on my old FZ6 years ago. They worked great then and where still just fine when I sold it and got the Buell.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast