Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I am lucky to be alive, me +1,Drunk girl & Audi -O

Wasnt looking to join the " Oh ****, look what happened to me club" (Not that there is anything wrong with that, just didnt want to be on that list)

So, im living and breathing and able to walk, still intact. A Miracle, the percentage of people who live thru what I just did is a very small club. So heres a shot of Tequila to the "LUCKY SOB CLUB!" ;)

I ride about 8+ months out of the year, and been commutting to the city for my day job. I save a bundle on fuel, can get there lots faster and indoor parking in a secure facilty, not so much in a car or truck.

But i deal with traffic in a major city. Extra careful, I ride aggressively but at the same time defensively. On the evening of Aug 28th, 2013 at Approx 9:30 pm, I was minding my own business on a secondary 4 lane highway, in the left lane. Ina good zone, cars to the front, one to my right to the rear, nothing coming up from the rear. taking my time going home, not pushing it at all going with the flow of traffic.

Riding my 1986 Sportster (1200cc, mild cams, exh, S&S, etc) nothing fancy, just a ratty old daily rider workhorse.
    Full face helmet, military Nomex gloves, and very heavy leather jacket.

All of a sudden, the most earth shattering explosion i have ever felt, I felt the bike float away, i was airborne, but couldnt tell where i was or what was happening, free fall, tumbles, then sliding on the ground, still cant see,,, blackness and sparks,,,,,,,,, I come to a stop and i try to scamble out of the roadway to avoid traffic,

So im babbling "What happened? what happened?"

This girl comes up, bunch of BS,, then the crowd forms, and yelling, im still asking what happened.

So then the girl tries to claim "He came out of nowhere and hit me!" this of course enrages the crowd...

So, the short version is, She was weaving thru traffic between 70-80mph while i was doing 45-50 with the flow of traffic (speed posted is 45) people had honked and screamed at her, she swerved into my lane, NEVER even tapped the brakes. Witnesses said parts and pieces were flying thru the air. She came to a stop AFTER i flew off her car.

She hit me, I went over her hood, took out her windshield, damaged the roof, and her rear window and fell to the ground, The witnesses thought i was going to fly over the cement median and into oncoming traffic,

I had a backpack full of Ducati parts and ironically the Ducati calenders, bubble wrap and the Radiator for my 998 acted we believe as a bit of armour for my spine.

My jeans were shredded, we found my wallet back about 20 yards in another lane, my bike was gone, it was about 30 yards up the road,

She tried to flee in my opinion,, her car was totalled, her front end was destroyed and radiator destroyed and body panels everywhere.

I was in the trauma center, no broken bones, some road rash from my ass to my ribs, and EVERY Inch of my body bruised. I babbled for hours including a lot of cursing.

When she tried ot lie I thought about clocking her with my helmet and if i knew then what i know now, I would have.

She was arrested for DWI and Reckless driving, You can look up her booking photo online, Multnomah County Oregon, arrest date Aug 28th MacKenzie Smith. 21 yrs old,. Im told she blew a .16 twice the legal BAL limit.

I got my bike back from the tow company today,, there was still lots of Audi body panels and plastic wedged into the bike and we had to remove it before loading it on the AAA truck, I think the motors good and can build it into a hardtail bobber. It shall live again.

Ill post pix soon, I also bought lottery tickets today too.

Im just glad to be alive. I also want to say how awesome the people who stopped to help were, the witnesses who gave their names and info, the cool tow truck drivers and even tarped my bike in impound to protect it, and the Police were great. The hospital staff were awesome as well.

Long term we shall see, Im told the DA will call, more cops, the insurance co's and we shall see how i heal, Im in a lot of pain.

The fat man bounces good.
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Glad your ok. I just kicked in a door on a lady yesterday that was trying to force her way in front of me, while traffic was at a stand still. I'm going to add a gopro to my helmet so when one of these assholes decides that getting somewhere 10 min early is more important than someones life. We are always blamed because we have fast bikes with loud exhausts.

Quite the story. Congratulations on surviving (cue golf clap) just goes to show. **** happens.

Wow man! Interesting (yet sad) story! Angers me actually!

I'm glad you made it out well enough to tell the story. Best of luck on your recovery!

Wow! Glad you are ok. BTW, freakin love the 998! It is my grail bike, when the 916 came out I was like 16, been in love with motorcycles ever since. Fell hard for that bike

Wow. Glad to hear you are alive. I had flashbacks because I had some young girl in an Audi try to take me out on my way home on the exact same day. Luckily saw it coming and was punching windows as I swerved out of the way. Heard 3 teenage girls screaming loudly as they jammed on the brakes and immediately got off the freeway at the next exit (I don't think that was their intended route).

Heal quickly and I'm not normally the "sue everybody" type but I'd go after this one for everything. You may be commuting on a carbon 1190rs soon :)

Glad Your alive and healing....I'm with Zero. Sue that Bitch. She could have killed you and tried to blame the accident on you. Unfortunately while your healing her attorney is already preparing her defense.

Bitch needs attempted man slaughter and at least two years in jail! But no, shell just get hit with a huge fine for the dwi. Im glad your OK and I wish laws against hitting motorcycles were much greater and on the same level of hitting a pedestrian..

I would also seek legal action to make sure she stays off the road for as long as possible.

glad your ok IA

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast