Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2003 XB9s worth $3000

what State do you live in? Do you have to take a school before you get your license? Do they provide a school bike for you to take your first ride on? I would NOT recommend a nice newish XB12 for use as a school bike.. youre gonna dump it in the frist 15 min... you need a nice little tame school bike as a first time rider for a few days.

I'm in Michigan. I was gonna take one at the HD dealer first they have Blast to use, then take a couple more as well.

Also the courses at the local community college offer bikes. I plan on taking the HD one, then the two offered by the CC.

yeah go take HD, its a pretty good school.. then get your bike.

I'm gonna take them all!!

Found a video someone posted/recommended here, watch it. Youtube "twist of the wrist 2"

that's a good moive but its kinda over his head right now.. he needs to watch that one after hes got a few hours of time in the cockpit or he wont really know what any of that feels like.

313, youre running out of time, I used to live in Trenton Michigan I know what winter is like there and the end of the season is coming soon for you. Get your ass down to Harley and get yourself signed up for this weekends class. You need "basic training" and that is kinda what that school is like... once you come out of there, you will know more about yourself and what you are ready for in terms of motorcycle. Keep us posted on how that school goes... then once youre out of school and you KNOW you really want to be a rider, then you get your gear and your bike... Id actually get your gear BEFORE your bike that way there is no temptation to ride your bike before your gear arrives... just get that gear in a neutral color like black, grey or white..

I also ride a 250cc honda cbr (liquid cooled for Manhattan riding beats the Buell).
    They are total fun bikes, cheap to buy, lightweight, look great and dont go crazy on you. You should check them out.
    You also dont lose much money when you are ready to upgrade. The market value for used ones is pretty high. Or you keep it next to your future buell ;)
    But as gloom said, take classes first.

I also ride a 250cc honda cbr (liquid cooled for Manhattan riding beats the Buell).
    YES! When I had a KLX250sf out in the garage, my XB12 got a lot less attention. Especially when urban riding, I'd take a little 250 over an XB any day of the week. It was just a much better bike in traffic: very light, nimble, torquey, narrow, with great visibility.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345