Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First time you rode your Buell XB

nice story's we do have a history about how we fell in love with these bikes I'm never selling mine never! lol

My first bike was a 1200xl sportster, rode it for about 6 months and found out about Buell. Did some history research and I loved every word of it. Found a dealer down in Racine WI that had a 2007 Ulysses for sale, so I traded the HD even up for it, rode the 12x 200 miles back home. My bikes represent who I am, a Combat Veteran that loves his country. I will never have a garage that doesn't have a Buell or EBR in it for the rest of my life.

^^^ nope!

Just joined the club, bought a 2005 Buell XB9R. Yellow. Only 6k miles, immaculate condition.

First ride, went out with the Wife. She rides a 2012 Monster. I wouldn't call us the odd couple, and I wouldn't consider the duc to be an ugly bike by any standards, but I got the only comment when we were riding through Chinatown.

What a fun bike, has a much easier friction point than the Duc. Actually went from an Evo 1100 to this bike, simply because I needed something that handled well but wasn't finicky at low speeds. There's just too much traffic here on the Island of Oahu to own a machine that can't cope with stop and go traffic. The Buell has no problems.

Already starting to wonder how I will afford the 1190RX. Maybe in a few years :)

Where At on oahu are you? I am up at schofield.

my first test ride...

i hated the 04 xb12r. seemed to bounce around. kept hitting the limiter. it tried bucking me off. sounded like ****e and just didnt feel right.
    got back to the dealer and even my lady could see i was gutted about the experience.
    told the dealer (mind you too this was the first xb12's to australia in early 2004) and he looked at me odd and then dialed a number. put me on the phone to some guy i didnt know who just said. mate! leave it in third and just roll on and off, and dont use the brakes for where you are riding.
    so with that out i went again on their ride. the bike was so much different. more smooth but with that distinct vibration and boy did it jsut go when i wanted to go, without wanting to scream or do 150klms an hour...

but back to the dealer and still missing that smile. i couldnt put my finger on it. the guy looked at me, and even the next two waiting to test ride this red xb12r where a little perplexed. the dealer goes... i know what it is.
    i wasnt allowed to ride the bike for sale... a black one, but he turned round and fired it up.
    fitted with a full buell race set up, this thing just rumbled to life and shook the windows and started crawling backwards.
    i instantly smiled and looked at the other testers there, and jsut blurted out MINE! and called it. there was a three week wait for the next bikes.
    rode her home and named her jemma. awesome.

following week i went on a 9 hour ride the back way to brisbane. my mate was on his R1 and laughing as all he could hear and feel was this rumble near him. when we stopped my leathers where shaking, my blinkers looked like they were going to shake off, and even my teeth and eyes were shaking, but jemma couldnt shake my smile!

got to brisbane and new the bike was it for me... but i was sick for about 5 hours with what i reckon was motion sickness. it took a few hours to get over that, and i have enjoyed them ever since.

converted many a rider to a buell over the years as well. one ride or better still a pillion on mine and they are hooked.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12