Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrapped my Headers

Wrapped my headers last night. Wasn't too bad, took me a while though. I couldn't find any stainless steel zip ties ANYWHERE in town so im using some Hose Clamps untill the ones I ordered off the net show up. I havn't painted them yet, ill rattle can it with some high temp paint when I get home. Along with gloves and long sleeves I would advise a painters mask, I got a bit of fiberglass to the throat. And I used almost all 50', prolly like 40+'.

Looks alot better than I thought it would. Heres a few pics. From my phone sorry!

looks great hehe I could never do that to my Micron tho they are just to sexy though I do want to ceramic coat them.

looks good...you used more wrap because your spacing between overlaps is smaller. I made my spacing a little bigger so less wrap was used. Nice Work

It looks great. Where did you start and finish? What prep did you do to the wrap? Did you drop the engine to do it?

No more then a 1/4 in over lap is recommended. I am going to do mine and corious about the engine drop, needed or not?
    Thanks,

engine drop is not needed...did it to mine without dropping engine and was easy. there are a few threads around with guides. heres how mine looks

How much wrap did you use?

How did you get all the way to the back header?

Looks great!

2 things:

1. Steel zip ties are available at home depot

2. I've always heard you're supposed to start at the bottom and work up, that way the overlap is on the bottom so water won't leak in.

and the wrap on teh rear pipe doesnt go all the way to the engine i just worked it around as far back as possible. I had 2 rolls which i think were 25 feet each and used 1 roll for each pipe with about 8 feet leftover from one and about 2 feet on the other. As far as where you start its personal opinion. I wrapped from the top down because when I ride i wanted the wind to go with the ooverlapping and not flip up any of the wrap and although it might let in water i don't ride in the rain that much and i wrapped it tight enough anyways. I personally think its better to start from top down so that the wind doesn't life the wrap when ur driving. to each his own

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast