Thread: NB tuning

I've heard advice against tuning with stock NB sensor and some saying it worked. So anyone have any success stories from tuning (datalogging) with NB? or even just advice I'm ready to data log but I'm wondering if it will really be worth my time since I just have a narrow band.

NB tuning does work. Well to a degree. Small degree. Its just that many advocators of WB (raises hand) allows you to tune in all areas of your map. I normally shut off the nb, fatten up the mixture, and run it about 13.8 afr to 14.2 afr cruise, 13.2 WOT.

If I ever get time I am going to narrow down the closed loop portion of the map to just where I cruise on the highway at and taper the rest of it back to richer. Utilize my 02s and leaner mixture at my cruise rpm/tps and richer everywhere else.

Regardless tuning will get you running cooler, more HP, less backfire, smoother roll-on, etc.

ok, heres another question. After I datalog I've read in the Buell tuning guide that I need to change the values AFV to Afr, EGO Corr. to Gego, and EGO Volt. to O2. Only problem is there is no EGO Volt in my sheet? What's up with that? Did some things change since tuning guide was written. I've noticed there are Gego and 02 lines already in there.