Thread: Clutch Noise w/ Video

Can I please get some thoughts on this noise in my primary [2007 XB9sx with approx 10,000mi on it]:
    I originally thought the noise occurs only when the bike is in gear.. Turns out though, it also appears in neutral after just holding the clutch lever for a few seconds.
    Listen with headphones if you can. Noise occurs from :02-09 and :12-20 in the video. Thanks!
    Here's the link because I couldn't figure out how to imbed.

Hey , from the clip couldn't really hear anything wrong. The Newer Engines do make some noises that will concern those whom might not be used to the Buells. As Long as you are sure all is adjusted properly Like Clutch Lever play up at the Lever perch is correct.
    and the Clutch is adjusted properly ride the bike. IF the Bike shifts well and does not grind while going into or Through the gears using the Clutch Lever then you should be ok. Always Shift the XBs models of bikes with the Lever . Speed shifting is not a good thing. Smooth is fast.. (Sometimes ) the going into First Gear will clank which scares the heck out of some especially if they are not used to it. That is mostly normal.
    The design of the Transmission is an Old one with very Small Changes over the last 40 years. Sometimes putting it into first Gear will be really smooth which is ok as well. Amsoil 20/60 in the Transmission is a good way to lessen the noises a little bit. .Extends the life of parts as well. I mix 3/4 of a Quart of Amsoil 75/90 Synthetic .gear fluid . TO 1/4 of a Quart of Amsoil 20/50 OR 20.60 oil and that works well.
    The thicker fluid helps with noise and heat. Don't worry the 300 to 400/ plus degrees will make mush out of that fluid in about 3 to 4'000 miles .Make sure when draining the fluid on the primary to have it level as possible so all the fluid gets out. Just make sure to keep it from tipping over to the right..
    A longer Video Clip will help, and if possible put it up on a Pit Stand so as to Ease into First Gear, let out on clutch and listen. The Miles on your bike Usually is way early for problems unless a prior owner or someone has adjusted something wrong and rode it a excess amount of miles ,nothing to worry about, just ride it safely. Keep checks on things and post up when can.*Jimi.

It does make one hell of a noise, but so long as it feels right chances are it probably is. Lots of big **** in there clanking around in a small space. I loved my '05, those weird ass noises will keep changing to a newer one. It's some sort of a language I think.

Thanks for the input guys! I suppose it does feel alright Squeadlies, just doesn't sound right. Oh well, maybe she's starting into some kind of "life changes". At least I don't have to sit her down for a talk!
    I'm definitely switching to Amsoil Jimi!