Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: headlamp

Hi my high beam headlamp is out. Has anybody changed out theirs? I am looking for the easiest, quickest, least expensive fix as possible. What bulb should I purchase? Any help will be appreciated.

Start with google.com and look up Buell Lightning heeadlight bulb size.

Why should I do that when there are helpful people on here that already know what size and what to do? It would be like reinventing something that has already been invented.

You already took more time to come here twice than it could have took you to Google ....

H7 55w for both

And who said Buell owners weren't nice people? Other than the smart ass comments and lack of any real help, there is nothing wrong with Buell owners. Just like the crappy HD owners. Thank goodness I have 7 other motorcycles in my fleet to ride.

Oh could had found out all that stuff from Google.

There was plenty of real help, you didnt ask for any technical advise you asked how to change a light bulb......

I read your first post on this forum about your oil problem, sigh that was a laugh. So you got the answer that you needed. Next why dont you ride over to Harley and pay them to change a light bulb for you.

I guess there are just people that need everything done for them and dont enjoy working on stuff and figuring simple things like your problems out their self.

:)

oh9bolt, yeah I don't have grease under my fingernails, some of us went to college and got a professional degree and don't have much time to jack around with vehicles. Changing out bulbs like these are good ways for those who need it to make some money, want to change it out oh9? Yeah, I have money to pay you.

I have changed the ECM on this Buell, changed headlamps out on my FZX7, speedo on my Drifter and tuned my sportscars, I prefer not to do it anymore now I don't have much time.

oil issue turned out to be a regulator issue, just another thing to break down on this cruddy bike, it is always something with this Buell.

As for Hd working on Buells, the nearest shop is 20 miles away and they are about as competent working on these as I am, they consider Buells the ugly stepchild they don't like to repair.

a 900cc Firebolt? About the same performance as a 400cc inline 4?

Inactive
    spewy: as big twin mentioned it is an H7. sylvania makes an H7 silverstar and an H7 xtravision, both available at any auto parts store. both are brighter than the H7's that were factory installed in your buell. i prefer the silverstars but both work nicely. if you're in southern PA swing by and i'll put one in for you, no charge. regarding jesse who is oh9bolt, he's a pretty successful businessman down in his area and a hard working guy who knows a ton about these bikes. one of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet. just thought i'd mention that.

oh9bolt, yeah I don't have grease under my fingernails, some of us went to college and got a professional degree
    Really.......

Pretty rude comment for somebody who was asking for our help...

HMM.....I went to college....got my degree...still turn wrench's and I'm not an ass about it. A degree may make you smart, it doesn't make you competent. I get more help from the guys here and on Badweb than I would at HD.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast