Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2014 Yamaha FZ-09

would be REALLY REALLY NICE to have a liquid cooled bike
    It's tempting to think that until it's time for a valve adjustment which necessitates draining the coolant, removing the radiator, & taking off the water pump. Then you'll be saying, " would be REALLY REALLY NICE to have an air-cooled bike"!

My FZ6 was due for valve check at 26k. Not one needed adjustment. So I'd just roll a bit past their suggested mileage :-)

Or stick with a lower RPM bike that has hydraulic lifters and never fool with it :-)

Or stick with a lower RPM bike that has hydraulic lifters and never fool with it :-)
    If only there was such a bike. I'm sure there would be a pretty good forum filled with enthusiasts if there were. :p

The ecu can berogrammed to fix the throttle response for $200. If I got the bike I'd never ADUST the valves. In my past experience if a valve needs to be adjusted its near needing to be replaced anyways so might as well just run it until it starts acting and then rebuild the head. Seems to have worked for me so far.

I'm hooked on the bike and will have one soon for sure. I used to be a one bike man but I don't think I could sell the Uly for this bike, I'd have to add it to the garage.

Haha - Enemy Zero!

Your right ... Only if such a bike existed :-)

Although, I've got 26k on my XB and she needs new lifters to reduce some noise. But she is about to turn 12 years old this December.

My FZ6 was due for valve check at 26k. Not one needed adjustment.
    That's a piss off, eh? Same goes for every watercooled OHC Japanese bike I've ever owned too. You spend all that time draining & removing the cooling system to get at the valves & it inevitable turns out that they are just fine; no adjustment needed! Argh!

Wonder what's easier, the 1125r frame removal method or inline jap bike radiator method? I don't mind wrenching on my bikes. I'll deal with a little more hp's and torque and have to pay for it with the wrench.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123