Thread: Neutral light will not come on

I have a XB12ss. 2008. Only 1083 miles. Yea I don't ride much. Just got it for fun but no time to ride it.

My neutral light will not come on when the bike is in neutral. It runs fine. I can start the bike without holding the clutch in. I can ride the bike without any problem. I opened up the speedometer cluster to check the bulb but couldn't get to see the bulb since I didn't know how to remove the white plastic piece covering the bulb portion.

I also read about the neutral switch going bad or requires cleaning. Not sure how to work on that as I am a first time bike owner.

Inactive
    jaindesi: the bulb is a small led item, they rarely go bad. click on below link and work the problem. if that does not help post back and we'll get you fixed up. hope that helps.

http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Foru...ht-not-working

Thanks I'll work on the bike this week and post the update.

I rode my bike for over 50 miles today. The light started working again. I also noticed that when I left my bike in park for about 2 hours it didn't work.

Seems like the neutral switch is the culprit. Still haven't opened the cover yet. I will soon update when I first clean out the switch first. MIght do the trick.

On several bikes I have owned, I have found that if the clutch isn't adjusted correctly (ie. clutch drags, even slightly, when lever is pulled in), the neutral switch will not activate properly. Make sure your clutch and lever freeplay are adjusted before concluding the switch is faulty, especially on a low mileage bike like yours.

Mine stopped in 2008 never worked since. But I still ride her.