Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AFV wrong value

Hello everyone!

I would like to ask for your help. I own a 2007 XB12STT with a D&D Exhaust. The situation is this:
    After some kilometers of riding the bike the AFV is set to 85% or 75% or 80%. I do an AFV reset but i still cant explain why this is happening. I used to have an open KN filter but i covered it up trying to fix the problem.
    I would appreciate your help.

Tune it properly and disable the closed loop learn area in the ecm. See http://www.thetuniversity.com/ for more help.

Thanks for the reply!
    Disabling the closed loop could harm the engine somehow?

What altitude do you live at????

I live at 4900' MSL and my AFV fluctuates when I go up to 10K, back down to 4100' then back to my home at 4900'. Ranges from 84%-74%. The normal for where I live is pretty steady at 84%.

Density Altitude has alot to do with it as well. The Summer heat, humidity and altitude combined play havoc with my rig.

You can always reset it to 100% and then see what happens after one ride in "Closed Loop"mode. I have a record of the avg from different times of the year to ensure it is pretty much on track with a norm for each season and that everything is as it should be.

I live 500 meters. If there is no problem with open loop i would like to get rid of this problem.

Thats really low. I lean more towards faulty O2 sensor, ETS, or a fuel system leak. It not often you see the AFV drop more common to increase with mods.

i dont get trouble codes for O2 sensor.

The big question is, does it run ok or not? If it runs ok, don't worry about it. If it runs like crap and the afv's keep going low then you need to tune it.

it is running like crap. The bike goes of when i stop or have no throttle. Is not running smooth and things like that. I ve been told that i need some new fuel maps for D&D exhaust and open KN filter. True?

Super Moderator
    It doesn't sound like fuel maps are your problem. A bike dying every time you stop or don't give it throttle sounds more like a mechanical failure to me than a simple mapping issue. The only caveat is if you've screwed with the maps before and have something grossly incorrect in there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast