Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "my first bike and its a buell"

Welcome to your new addiction! Looks like you found yourself a nice unmolested Buell...Time to start the molesting! :D

I agree with what the others have said. Be careful and take your time and you should be fine. Wear your gear ALWAYS! You never know when the unfortunate event could happen.

If (when :p ) the mod bug gets you please have a look at our site for some goodies...Some of which will protect your bike against a spill. If there's anything we can help you with please ask...Lots of knowledgeable people her always ready to help out a fellow Bueller.

Ride safe!

5-0dro
    www.5-0dro.com

Yes this brand makes stuff for other sports like skiing and skateboarding but looking at the all the padding this jacket has its perfect for motorcycle riding.
    I snowboard, dual-sport ride, and mountain bike too, so I have plenty of protective armoured gear in the closet. Sometimes I end up using a garnment designed for one sport, for another. Something to keep in mind however is that outter wear which is not specifically designed for motorcycling on-road generally does not have the abrasion-resistance to stand up to asphalt.

That Demon armoured top looks like it would work if you wore it under a leather or kevlar shell though.

yeah that Demon isn't slippery enough to wear on the outside..it would vaporize on asphalt. If you invest more you could get a Icon Contra that would give a lot more protection, then you could get a pair of Knox shin/knee guards. You will more than make up the difference in price with just doctors bills, pain and suffering alone.
    http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...ra-Jacket.aspx

http://www.jazzmotorsports.com/knox-...FUhk7AodYlUAmA

Thanks Gloomshadow....I'll stay away from Demon jacket for riding. I liked the look and fit of the jacket. I'll look for something else.

youre looking for something out of woven nylon .. it breathes real well and it just kinda lubricates you down the road when you go down... you slide right off road and into the grass.. you don't want anything with "grip"... you don't want any drag.

Buy quality gear, it is worth it and saves you money in the long run. I bought a Vanson perforated leather jacket for $500 over 12 years ago. I have gone through 5 or 6 textile jackets before finally buying a good one (Aerostich Darien). I spent more on the cheap jackets than on the cost of one really good one. I finally bought some Motoport kevlar mesh pants and can't believe I waited this long. Get good gear, it last, fits better and offers better protection then even the medium grade stuff.

oh yeah, Vanson is good ****.. listen to the man. Medium grade offers one thing though and that's variety... its a way of having 3-4 different jackets without costing as much. Also, location is important. I live in Florida, you cant wear a jacket here in the summer, it would kill you.... I like that Icon Stryker for the summer,, and I wear it under my textile in the winter..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12