Thread: Discoloration on my frame

First of all thanks guys for lookin out for me in regards to owning my first buell, this bike is incredible and I usually want nothing more than to get Into my garage and throw a leg over this astonishing beauty that sounds much different than it looks.

Does anyone know how to clean up what looks like "armour all" spatter on each side of my frame where the legs rest? It's almost like someone dripped some car wax when polishing this baby up and could never get it off.
    It doesn't hinder the way the bike looks but it erks me when I'm wiping it down.

Not sure what you mean but I always try tar remover or dw40 first. Make sure to remove this stuff as well because it is slippery. And dont get it on tires!
    Or get the rubber pads, gives you better hold on the bike and covers your spots.
    pads

And congrats on your buell. Felt the same (and still do) when I got mine

I know on mine where my knees rub the frame it has polished the frame in those spots. Just from my jeans rubbing it.

Get some tank grips. Problem solved lol

stensg

My frame was nice and shiny until i put one day my rain gear and after the ride i notice that it was polishing the frame. i talked with the HD dealer and he told me that there is nothing available that can bring it back as it was.
    I bought side stickers and thats it, there is a bit more expensive solution that is to put carbon fibers side covers.

try wet mr. clean magic eraser, lightly rubbing...try it in a small area before doing the entire thing. if that doesn't work, get some tank grips and or frame paint.

My frame looked like hell when i first got my XB12R. The original owner took very poor care of it. I rode it for the first summer then over the winter sanded it down and repainted the frame. Mine also had all kinds of spots and "polished"marks from jeans rubbing against it. Its been repainted for 2 years now. I have put about 9k miles on it and it still looks great.