Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wheelie Help

I have been getting more and more comfortable clutching the front end up but its just so damn violent. On a dirtbike or 4 wheeler its so easy. On my 1125 I feel like I need to hit the rev limiter before I dump the clutch. Anyone really good at 1st and 2nd gear wheelies? I think I might not be at the right speed or gear or rpm. 1st gear I can get it up like a foot but 2nd gear clutch ups only happen when I'm shifting from first and not on purpose. I have a long strip to practice and I wear all of my gear. I would like to make sure im doing it right because Im not trying to thrash my bike doing it wrong.

In first gear Ill get around 4-5k and then clutch-up. I think the rpms get to around 7-8k before I dump the clutch. It feels like its about to rip my arms off and then bogs down.

I dont even try 2nd anymore.

Thanks for all the help.

In first gear Ill get around 4-5k and then clutch-up. I think the rpms get to around 7-8k before I dump the clutch
    Jesus man?! Your going to break something. You dont even need the clutch to pull the front up in the first three gears. I can get the front 6 inches off the ground in 5th gear with a little hop and throttle control.

I avoid abusing my clutch when at all possible and suggest the same for all 1125 riders because honestly you dont need it. Im assuming since you mentioned dirtbikes and whatnot. But a big thing to watch is body position and compressing the forks and/or hopping on the bike helps a lot in situations. Im assuming youre doing sit downs?

Never use the clutch again.. I always do mine in 4th at 80mph. I'm on a Cr though. A little different gearing.. rpms are right around 5k to 5500.. just bounce it and throttle on the return part.. comes right up. I have done them in 5th at 100mph with 2 bounces.. please try and avoid the clutch

No clutch needed a bounce in almost any gear will get you up with a good crack of the throttle. I have noticed a few times with a passenger a nice smooth roll on in first second and third you can get a decent one too.

Is this a serious thread?!

Yes, stop clutching.... Just stay at that rpm and give it gas and pull back... This bikes only need clutching up at rolling speed (1-10mph) and only do that if you are going to be an actual stunter. other then that just power wheelie man. Also get a CR if that is what you want the bike for.

are you talking about roll on throttle wheelies with an xb? I can't with my nine. I have to clutch it up. My bro with a rotax can roll on the throttle and pop it effortlessly.

^ He is talking about a 1125..

If this makes sense,picture riding a bicycle,you set your foot to the powerstroke point,about the 1 oclock position,and push down with force,and lift on the handle bars.Let the throttle be your foot.Listen to the engine,and feel for the sweetspot.I ride wheelies on almost anything,and it seems natural to me.Hope this makes sense.it helps me.Be careful,and have fun,

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast