Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Chicken Strips for Lunch

I highly recommend everyone ride a dirt bike for at least a year before you get a street bike, best way to learn how to react when the bike gets squirrely.

I also ride Supermoto which forced me to become fluently bilingual in the different techniques between dirt & slab.

Put a set of these pegs on earlier this year and have been really happy with them.Â*
    Those appear to be rearset (?). Or at least 'adjusable' by rotating the dog-leg bit. My boots are size 10; do you think they would they pull my feet too far away from the controls?
    Black anodizing wears off even the best pegs after a while...

Those appear to be rearset (?). Or at least 'adjusable' by rotating the dog-leg bit.
    They can be adjusted 360 degrees..... I've tried them in multiple positions and never had a problem reaching the controls with my Size 8 boots. Currently just have them in the same position as the factory pegs, without feelers I'm not worried about dragging them.(they also fold back just like factory) I needed new pegs and these were about the same price as factory.

I highly recommend everyone ride a dirt bike for at least a year before you get a street bike, best way to learn how to react when the bike gets squirrely.

Flaxb9: thats a sick photo!! I have an xb12s with the stock pegs, do you guys always scrape them on the road? It feels to me like it would slide out if i touched the pegs but obvioulsy not if guys are doing it!!

Thanks

I have a R with standard pegs (not drop pegs) and drug feelers a couple times and decide they had to go. I personally can't stand the feeling of dragging hard parts even if there meant to give I don't wanna take the chance.

With one inch drop it would happen a lot sooner in your lean angle especially with feelers too. So to answer your question from what I've seen yes people drag them all the time. Like stated above its not for me.

^I have the same bike (firebolt) but have the lightning drop pegs and I was scraping them on the same roads but I don't have as good of riding position and don't lean quite as far as FlaX. I took the feelers off because I was scraping in every hard corner and it was a very uncomfortable feeling. I'm sure if I could learn to ride a little better and have less lean angle on the bike it wouldn't be such an issue.

I also ride Supermoto which forced me to become fluently bilingual in the different techniques between dirt & slab.
    I agree. Had a Gas Gas 450SM for a few years and it really helped me learn technique more than other bikes. Before it was all about how fast and having to learn to ride a slower bike fast makes you learn more about the craft of riding instead of just getting on and twisting the throttle into light speed.

I have an xb12s with the stock pegs, do you guys always scrape them on the road?
    I find that with my riding style, the S pegs (with 44 deg max lean) often hit the ground, wheras my R pegs (47 deg ) never do.

I also find chicken strips vanish somewhere between 44 & 47 degs.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234