Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ECM DROID help

So I just got a bluetooth ECM transmitter for my XB12Ss and I need some help. I was hoping to be able to use it to help me diagnosis the problem I have been having:

http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Foru...PMsPower-Drops

but I'm not really sure of what the app (ECM DROID) can do or how to do it. Would I be better off with a computer program versus the Android app?

Also just got a bluetooth cable and lost with the available information on the web. No 'ECMdroid for Dummies' yet?

A guy I ride with that's on here (not super active) uses some android app. I just emailed him this link so maybe he'll chime in...

The app is pretty easy to use. List some specific questions and I'll answer what I can.

I use the Android for all my logging and EEPROM flashing (after using Megalog VE Analyzer), so I can answer a lot.

Jetlee, do you use the log file from the app on tunerpro?

Jetlee, do you use the log file from the app on tunerpro
    ^^^ this

Thanks for the responce..

I guess my big question is can I use the software to determine if any of the sensors are bad (specifically the TPS, temperature or O2 sensors). My bike looses power constantly while riding, RPMs will just start to drop. A lot of times it will stall out while I'm riding. It also does not idle steady. I was hoping the app or computer software could help me figure out what is going wrong.

I tried to record the data using the log. should I click "convert to MSL"? and I cannot find where the data is saved when I stop recording.

I tried to calibrate the TPS with the directions from the service manual, it was reading 5 deg then after calibration read 4.2 deg.

Jetlee, do you use the log file from the app on tunerpro?
    I haven't yet gotten into using TunerPro. It's on my to-do list (to learn), but for now I'm using MegalogViewer and ECMSpy.

I guess my big question is can I use the software to determine if any of the sensors are bad (specifically the TPS, temperature or O2 sensors).
    In the app, there is an "Active Tests" screen which I have not used because my setup is very not-stock and would likely fail most of them. There's also the "Trouble Codes" screen to help you. I would email the app developer and ask how to use the "Active Tests" functions.

I tried to record the data using the log. should I click "convert to MSL"? and I cannot find where the data is saved when I stop recording.
    Yes, convert to MSL. It is then located on your phone at /sdcard/Android/data/org.ecmdroid/files/logs/

Before opening the MSL in MegalogViewer, you need to do the following:
    1. Rename the .msl file to .xls and open it with Excel (or OpenSource equivalent)
    2. Rename the "TPS 10bit" column to "TPS 8bit"
    3. In the first value cell in the TPS column, put the following formula: =H3*3
    4. Grab the little square in the bottom right corner of the selected box.
    5. Drag this all the way down until the entire column is selected and the values are all changed.
    6. Select the column, right-click and "Copy"
    7. Right-click the same column and select "Paste Special" then "Values" only
    8. Save the file and exit. Rename to .msl
    9. Proceed to MegalogViewer.

The reason being that 10-bit TPS is 0-1020 where our ECM's only use 8-bit which is 0-255. Why ECMDroid records 10-bit is beyond me. There are instructions floating around to divide the 10bit by 4 to get the 8bit value ... this is not correct. You need to multiply the TPD by 3.

I tried to calibrate the TPS with the directions from the service manual, it was reading 5 deg then after calibration read 4.2 deg.
    Mine reads 4.8, it varies a little from bike to bike depending on mods.

Thanks for all the help! That will definitely get me started on figuring out how to use the software and data logged. Do you know if there is a key which explains what all the data points stand for and measure? (gego, engine, load, TPD, CLT, etc...)

Thanks again!!

I don't. I just kinda looked what did what in MegalogViewer and tried to figure it out on my own. Most of it makes sense, some of it doesn't.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast