Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Range Rover Runs Over Bikers

Discuss.

Liveleak Link

Curious as to what the whole story is........ Just judging by what can be seen in the vid, don't **** with cars while on a bike.

I think the land rover at the beginning did something ignorant and pissed a rider off, then got scared and ran everyone over. Needless to say my hands are shaking after watching that from anger. I wanted to see that driver pounded. Wish we say him get pulled out and beat (not to death). **** with my friends and I will lose it is my mind set while riding.

Now dont get me wrong I dont blame him for being scared and running off. But I want to know what he did at the beginning to piss the riders off enough to pull him over, the ride did not look to be an aggressive nor stunty ride. As a rider If someone does something ignorant to me when riding and it was an accident on their part, a simple wave of the hand with a look of apology calms me down. Im guessing this was a driver who refused to back down to a bunch of "bikers."

Someone said in the comments that the driver was beat and killed... Im not sure but who knows. never piss off ANY large group of people, they tend to lose their minds.

Without knowing what happened it's hard to say. I don't know what compels people to ride like that but it doesn't look like the cager was at fault at first. If I had a gang of bikers around me I sure as hell wouldn't stop either I'd get the F out of there. Seems like they wanted to instigate him then retaliate. Not that he should have ran people over...

Loki the bikers were boxing him in and the one got right in front of him then let off and looks like the suv bumped him so they stopped him on the highway. I wouldn't stop either(although I'd try not to run people over lol). IMO that's the biker's fault not the driver's.

If you're stupid enough to ride like that right in front of and around a car on the highway, within a couple feet, knowing you're pissing them off, then honestly you deserve to get bumped(not ran over, but they were instigating).

The newspaper story found here: THE LINK states nobody was killed.

The video does appear to start a little late. Since the first biker in front of the Range Rover clearly swerves in front of it and is watching as he tries to slow it down. So it's hard to tell what happened to begin with. But, I do know the law works off of intent. The question is, what were those bikers intentions when they got the range rover stopped and blocked up 3 lanes of traffic? And the intention of the Range Rover driver is clear, to get out of there to protect himself and his family.

I'm sure several of them had cameras. Why couldn't they have documented what happened and gotten the license number of the SUV and reported it? I can't say I would find fault with the Range Rover driver. If it was me and my family in the car, I would've done whatever was necessary to protect them. They all should be glad in that situation nobody was carrying. Someone might have ended up shot.

Honestly it looks like the rover was trying to go through the bikes and that's why they boxed him in initially. It's hard to say with a lack of video before it happened though.

No one has been arrested and police are still investigating and examining the evidence, he said.
    The spokesman said, according to the driver, a large number of motorcyclists were driving 'erratically' and he 'accidentally collided with one'.
    The footage shows one motorcyclist brake hard in front the the car and seems to get bumped by it.
    He pulled over but some of the bikers started to damage the vehicle. The NYPD spokesman told the Mail Online the driver drove off 'to avoid an impending assault'.
    At least they didn't kill him. BS they didn't get arrested.

Disgusting! No matter what the driver did, someone can pull over and call the cops. Not letting it go seems the biggest problem here and mob mentality seems to rule. What surprises me, is even after he ran over several bikes, they chased him down and there were probably more accidents caused to each other in the silly swarm they started. Understand that when you are on a bike, you are vulnerable. That is the element of danger one takes into consideration. This was just stright madness altogether, but if you are going to threaten a man who has his family with him, you better be ready to take the consequences. They say a man defending his home is stronger than 10 hired soldiers. Give him a 2 ton SUV and make that 40! I ride, but actions taken by these riders is inexscusable on all kinds of level. You wanna get fed up and throw a finger, then do it. You wanna stop traffic and surround a man and his family...f*&k you...

It's true, we don't have a video leading up to this, and the video conveniently cuts off when they break the windows. That said, as a person who commutes daily and has ridden with mature, responsible riders... based on the video I find the bikes at fault, not all of them, but many of them.

A group ride should be an ordered thing, not a meandering chaotic ameba.

We see the one bike riding in the Range Rovers lane next to the drivers door, he then accelerates in front and looks back as he gets on his brakes (this is why I don't see it as just an accident).

We can't see what happens next, but with the driver having his wife and five year old in the vehicle with him I cannot blame him for getting the heck out of Dodge.

Next, when the vehice is stopped again around the 5:00 mark, one person starts to black the vehicle while another runs up and grabs the door handle... Again, I can't blame the driver for getting out of there.

And lastly, while stopped in traffic, to break the windows and harm a person in front of his wife and child... Now you have two, potentially three, people who are mentally and emotionally scarred and will probably never associate anything good with motorcycles.

The motorcycle community has been trying to shake the biker gang image for decades and events like this do nothing to help the rest of us who follow the rules of the road and obey the laws, and we are instantly associated with this type of foolishness.

The motorcycle community has been trying to shake the biker gang image for decades and events like this do nothing to help the rest of us who follow the rules of the road and obey the laws, and we are instantly associated with this type of foolishness.

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast