Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GOV shut down opinions!

lawdog
    wolfo68
    This is true to both sides, and Lawdog the va will start to run out of money to pay benifits towards the end of October.

Thats sad, but you guys are so right on. I don't like either party. Neither one makes decisions with the interest of me, you, my family, friends, neighbors, etc. I am slowly becoming an independent.

I joined the Marine Corps when I was 17 because I believed in my country and wanted to do whats right. Its only now that I am older and wiser do I realize patriotism is a dying value and tearing our country apart. Prior generations had the lets work together and we can get through adversity attitude. Today it's the whats in it for me attitude. The decline of morality and patritism is slowly leading to the decline of our civilization.

Obama is throwing a tantrum because he didn't get his money he wanted for obamaCare. And yes I totally agree with whoever else wants a party-less system. Choosing the worse of two evils isn't called freedom. Now don't get me wrong back in the day parties were a good thing,but not anymore we don't need them anymore all it does it allow corruption.

If Obama care is so good then let the people chose, it already shows the people don't want it. To top it off you get fined if you don't have it. They say Obama care is the law of the land so no one can remove it now, but wait Obama wants to take away our guns that's also the law of the land. From the top to the bottom everyone needs to be fired! That will save some money. I already have to live in a city with a corrupt govt. SPARTA GA. We have higher taxes than Hollywood CA and the poorest town, go figure. Our courthouse has been raided multiple times by the FBI. I really don't need this from our countries Govt to.

send them all home and shut the whole fing thing down

I don't think we can say that loud enough. Texas said it the loudest when they asked to be separated from the US and the US said we not losing revenue so hell no, but we are not going to work for you either. At least thats the message I am getting? anrkizm95

Fire them all, my opinion, get someone like ron paul in office.

Fire them all lets have a true election with no money involved and no pay. This of course would be just a start not the entire time your in office. Show your country your in it for them.

Texas said it the loudest when they asked to be separated from the US and the US said we not losing revenue so hell no
    What revenue? They've been spending at least 110 billion more than they pull in every year since the mid 2000's.

I took a moment to step outside the country (digitally) to see what else is being said and found these. Just some food for thought.

Hubert Wetzel in Germany's Sueddeutsche Zeitung - "What we have seen in America for the last few years already is the self-destruction of one of the world's oldest democracies. And the great tragedy is that this work of destruction is not being perpetrated by the enemies of democracy, not by greedy lobbyists or sinister big donors. America's democracy is being destroyed by those who ought to support and preserve it - by voters, parties and politicians... Nobody knows whether the country will still be solvent in three weeks' time. The bitter truth is this: politically, America is bankrupt already."

Editorial in the UK's The Independent - "If the bonds issued by the world's biggest debtor government are suddenly in question, the effects will be felt everywhere in rising interest rates and a return of the uncertainty that caused such havoc during the credit crunch. Given such alarming global consequences, it can only be hoped that America's politicians would not take such a risk. But after this week's shenanigans, we cannot be sure."

Editorial in the Hong Kong Economic Times - "The US' party struggles are repeating a cycle again and again and becoming more intense, which keeps eroding market confidence in the US' debt. Although an impasse should be overcome this time, a big disaster could be played out sooner or later... US politicians keep adding gunpowder to the US debt bomb, and once it explodes, it will not only severely harm the US, but will become a major threat to the global economy."

Commentator Shi Zehua in The Beijing News - "In the US, the federal government 'shutdown' action put into effect by the president is more like a political show. It is a 'silk purse' [trick] thrown out by the executive authorities to manipulate public opinion and fish for political capital, rather than really putting a stop to the political clock..."

Editorial in The Washington Post - "Americans' respect for their Congress has, sad to say, diminished in recent years. But citizens still expect a minimal level of competence and responsibility: Pay the bills and try not to embarrass us in front of the world. By those minimal standards, this Congress is failing."

Editorial in Mexico's La Jornada - "Obama, weakened more by his own inconsistencies than by the actions of his Republican rivals, has been cornered and is suffering from a serious erosion of his political support."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast