Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brand new Buell Race Kit!

I've been looking for a replacement for the carbon fiber Jardine on my XB12Scg (it's a little loud for my quiet neighborhood), and I recently saw a post on BadWeB about a brand new race kit at a Harley Dealership in Georgia. So I call, and they confirm that they had one in stock complete with exhaust, K&N, and ECM! So I bought it and it's on the way to Los Angeles. :D

I figure I ought to send the ECM to EBR to have them update it to the newest map and fan programming. Would you guys agree that is something I should do, or would you run it as is?

Also, how much do you guys think the Jardine is worth? It's carbon fiber and comes with all parts, including the chin fairing brackets. My bike only has 1700 miles on it, and the exhaust only has 200 miles on it, so it's practically new. I know they are impossible to find new these days, and I figure it would be perfect for someone with an XB9...

How much $ did the kit set you back?

Sent you a PM neilrl79.

I've read that there are two finishes to the ceramic coated race exhaust, a satin silver or a polished finish. The new one is satin silver.

In my quest to find a race muffler, I found another one that is in practically new condition, and I was in the middle of buying that one too. That one has a polished finish. Soon I'll have two race exhausts and two K&N filters sitting in my garage.

Lately I've been telling my wife that we've been spending too much money on stuff we don't need. I'm sure she'll be rolling her eyes at me when she sees everything come in.

Leave the ECM the way it is. Its already tuned perfectly for the K&N and race pipe.

Thank you onelogue. I emailed EBR and they just replied with the same answer:

We cannot update any OEM Buell ECM’s or Buell Race ECM’s – it must be an EBR Race ECM for us to perform updates. However, the map that is in that ECM should work very well for you with the kit installed.

Thank you,
    EBR Tech Support

I'm curious as to how much the new kit was too... I would not have guessed any where left.

Hello Robert, I will PM you the price if you give me a huge discount on one of your taillights. :D

Actually, I recently purchased an LED taillight and smoked lens cover through Ecliptech in Australia, but I haven't installed them yet. But I hear great things about your taillights!

PM sent

Any reason the price is such a secret you have to PM it to people

I promise you guys if I picked up this pipe (which I never will b/c I have no interest in it), I would instantly tell you the price.

Can I post a picture for pvmike? Or would that be out of order? I have a good one in mind.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast