Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jardine fell apart

Hawk, D&D

Hahaha bro same here. Had a jardine blow up on me cuz no packing up in the twistys with my girl on her cbr right behind me. Exhaust cap blew off I ran it over got a little squirrelly but saved it... Cap I guess flew right by my girl almost hit her but luckily didn't. Close call but scared the **** outta me. Ride with open headers for a couple weeks till new exhaust came in.. Lol

QUESTION!!

I've heard of a guy that takes our stock mufflers, guys them and turns them into bad ass exhaust systems. Any word on this being done? Links? Advice? Performance?

You can find a factory Can and make your own had a jardine to and got tiered of repacking so did this to my factory can and don't have to repack it at all. Well worth the time and sounds great. Or Dean makes a great exhaust system.

Dean makes killer exhausts well worth it!!

rchuff - how do i make one!?!?! im hella down. any tutorials or suggestions?

Sorry for the dumb question. But If I gut the stock pipe. Do I still need to have the bike tuned? I see everyone that swaps their exhaust getting the bike tuned for it. Wasn't sure if that'd be an issue or not. Thanks ahead for the info

Hey man, would you sell the broken jardine? I'm repacking and rebuilding mine, and need some spare parts (mainly the exhaust tip/outlet part).

Thanks!

Keep an eye on ebay. I found a Jardine muffler from a CBR, which is similar in every way except the exhaust tip. Found it for $99 bucks. I hit a big pothole while in Denver and it ripped the rivets and stretched out the springs.

I enjoy my Jardine, no major issues. I repacked once thus far with better packing kit. 12k+ and no issues.

Cheers!

Thanks for the tip, but the exhaust tip is the only part i really need.

I had the GP1 style can, the vibration of the bike caused a fracture on the tip, and eventually i had to cut the tip off entirely so that it didn't fall off while i was riding and **** me over.

I'm still happy with my jardine actually, and im going to keep it and have a new (much shorter) tip welded on. But if i could find an original jardine tip, i'd just buy that and rivet it onto my pip when i repack it.

I have a baffle, I had a carbon fiber body that didn't do well over a high spot,,,, let me know if you still need..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast