Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: XB12R cafe conversion

@Sext9
    Thanks for the link. I'll have to check that out more. I have a little Rizoma fluid can left over from another project. Probably gonna go with that. Still need to make a bracket for it. The shock reservoir will be mounted somewhere in the new tail section.

Neat idea with the can. Your build definitely inspired me here. I started tearing into my bike tonight. Now I'm second guessing if I got to excited and started to early. I still want to ride yet if there's still some nice days left of the season.

I think mounting the electronics under the air box offers a few advantages. For one, it would give Lightnings storage space under the seat. Also a tail could be swapped out with minimal effort. I'd like to work a solution where 4 bolts make it possible to swap.

You have a really good idea that got the creative juices flowing. Thanks again for sharing it.

Drummer SS and Buell race ecm showed up today. First fire up after the complete rewire. Sounds nice!

So much left to do.

Sorry its upsidedown. My phone is messed up....

upsidedown

After a good long look, I decided that I need to go with traditional clip-ons. I think they will look more the part, and be more comfortable. Although they will be lower, they will also be closer. If you are opposed to malesting a perfectly good Buell part.... look away.

To fit the clip-on bars below the top triple clamp I needed to create some room. But first I needed to remove the factory mounts for the bars. I removed the nubs for the factory bars, then machined down the bottom of the clamp. I removed 3mm from the bottom of the clamp. I took it right down to where the snap ring would set.

Then to gain a little more space for the clip on attachment I raised the triple clamp. I just used some machine spacers and raised the top clamp 4mm. Before this is all done I will make a sleeve to replace the washers. I'm still in the mock up mode. Now I have 25mm of clamping space to mount the bars.

Once everything is done it will all be final finished and bagged and tagged for the powder coater.
    Ears and ignition chopped:

Temp machine spacers under tree:

Machined bottom of clamp and space for clip-on bars.

To finish it off I am going with Vortex bars, a Brembo 16-18 radial master cylinder and a sun clutch lever. Should have this wrapped up by next weekend.

Looking awesome so far, is that a tuber headlight? And where did you get those brackets at?

Headlight brackets are LSL. Headlight is just a universal 7".

Awesome thanks, looking killer so far. Do you have any pictures of the bracket you made for the gauge cluster. I have been thinking about doing the same thing but was unsure of how to mount the gauge cluster back up

^^

Welcome!

In to see where you go with this build!

Dude that gauge cluster is beautiful! Awesome fab skills

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast