Hello all. New member. Thought I'd share my cafe build. I'm still in the beginning stages. I stripped down the bike and removed everything that wasn't needed. Then planned the wiring. I am moving all the bulky stuff, fuse boxes, relays, ecm, horn sect under the air box cowl.

To do this I built a steel plate cut out to fit the top of the frame and welded on brackets for all the items. I also cut out a hole for the air filter. Then the splicing began. A lot of marking, measuring and soldering. I also had to reroute the breathers and used some 3/8" steel line bent to fit inside the frame between engine and welded a stud to it to mount to the oil cooler frame. I also mounted a catch can there.

The guages also needed a new mount, so I made up a gauge bracket and welded it all together. It attaches to the old ignition switch mounting holes. I'll relocate the switch in the tail section.

Next is a seat subframe. Just waiting on 1" dies for my bender. I'll be going with a traditional cafe racer type seat and locate the battery under the seat cowl. Then I need to make an air box cover.

I'll add to this as I get further along. Some pics of where I'm at now....