Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: San Francisco Buellers!

I worked for the cable company out here doing underground construction for around 7 years. The economy collapsed and my department got shut down. I've been driving a parts truck for a Vegas hotel ever since. Been trying to find work in just about anything. I'm originally from the bay area (Vacaville, Hayward) and want to move back BADLY. I have a degree in electrical engineering but have been unable to find any kind of technical job out that way that doesn't start at 12/hr or require IT certifications. If you guys know of anything, let me know. I'm ready to move today!

^Cool... Let you know if hear some.

I'm a Software Engineer, no to many electrician contacts.

Yep, I messed up and got a degree in the wrong field. I was offered a networking program but I enjoy working with my hands and tools fixing stuff (makes sense why I own a Buell now) so I went the electronics route. Now I regret it like crazy. Way more opportunity in the computer networking fields. Oh well live and learn. I'm always up to learning something new and have been trying to figure out how to make the move. It's a little harder with a wife and two kids to uproot and move though.

I miss being in the bay area so much though and am trying to make it back home.

I work in InfoSec so not many contacts in the electrician field but my wife is a structural engineer with lots of contacts amongst construction folks. Will see if she hears of any electrician or related positions that pay well.

If she knows any underground construction people, that would be awesome. I miss doing underground work.

Thanks guys! If I find anything out that way, I'll definitely be meeting up with you guys. I did plan on going out there for GP next year but that plan is now shot since they cancelled the Laguna Seca GP for the 2014 season.

Yeah, that makes me full of sad, Enemy Zero. Was really hoping to catch LS GP in 2014.

Route0766, I like going to IMS to check out all the new bikes - hoping the KTM 1290 Super Duke R will be there for a gander. Also, my wife wants to check out the Yam FZ09 so she can finally get off her Grom and onto the freeway :D

ok let me know if ride any weekend
    Good luck buying!
    :)

Well....not s.f. but i am near santa rosa and if anyone wants to join up with our meet up group it is santa rosa motorcycle riders. We ride pretty much every weekend.
    I have a few local buell riders who ride..but we are looking for more.
    Check out meet up and find our group..then come north and get away from the danged traffic and come ride berryessa,tomales, north coast, scaggs etc.
    We have some cruisers and i lead the fast riders on the secluded backroads for some quick but safe fun...bring safety gear and a good attitude and prepare to have a blast!

When and where is your meeting point?

The info is available on the website.
    Go to www. Meetup.com and search for motorcycle groups. You will find santa rosa motorcycle rders.
    It is quick and easy to sign up and the next ride is this saturday at north bay motorsports.
    The address is 2875 santa rosa ave. We meet for breakfast provided free by north bay motorsports at 9:30. The date is oct.19th.
    There should also be a gps route gpx track for the route and you can see how many miles etc.
    I will be there with my newly dyno tuned xb 12Ss and am looking forward to testing my new xb 9 gearing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast