Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: i call b.s.!!!!!!

it appears I still know something about motorcycle mechanics that you don't
    Enlighten us, oh wise one.

Please explain why these guys are wrong:
    http://www.ankn.uaf.edu/publications/vs/magneto.html
    http://www.auroraelectronics.com/Und...ug%20Wires.htm
    http://www.gsparkplug.com/shop/spark-plug-gap-settings/

Getting yourself all worked up into a hysterical rage has never, ever, fixed a bike.
    Yes, it has.

"A plug either sparks or it doesn't." Not true.

A fouled plug will still spark,and may even run,but it will run like ****. try to bring the plug back for refund,or exchange.Good luck

I'll throw this out there. I have used a few different plugs on my Blast including the Denso Iridium Racing and NGK Iridium. I have never gone out of my way to replace my Denso plug, but it does not perform well compared to other plugs. My suspicion is bad plug. Many other Blast riders have great things to say about it.

So, personal experience has been negative, reviews have been positive. Based on the people I've experienced and know that use them I'm guessing I have a bad plug.

Enlighten us, oh wise one.
    Two of those three links are marketing from manufacturers & suppliers; exactly the kind of biased sources I was referring to.

All the links explain the importance of properly gapping your plugs, which is exactly what I suggested the OP do until you insisted that was incorrect.

Anyway Jet, sorry to have upset you. I'm not into pissing matches with trolls so it'll be my pleasure to unsubscribe from this thread.Â*

Good luck to the OP!

When you find yourself reading 40 plus pages of hardcore spark plug research in a quest to maximize performance from a Blast then you may want to take some advice and just trade up to a better performing bike. It's just not worth all the wasted time trying to squeeze another half horsepower on an already slow bike. Just my two cents.

wow,
    all of this clever banter.... race plugs are not suitable for the street period. reading plugs and truly understanding ignition tuning can not be learned by reading a manual, it takes expierence.
    I raced motocross for years, and track tuned on a weekly basis reading plugs.... I don't know a fraction of what some of the guys I know do.
    run plugs designed for the street, is not a function of horsepower, but instead conditions and abuse.

As usual you're a moron.
    EZ

Anyway Jet, sorry to have upset you. I'm not into pissing matches with trolls so it'll be my pleasure to unsubscribe from this thread.
    I'm not here for arguing, trolling or popularity. I'm here to provide answers for issues and troubleshooting. When you call me out, I give proof. If you don't like it or can't hang, don't let the door hit you...

When you find yourself reading 40 plus pages of hardcore spark plug research in a quest to maximize performance from a Blast then you may want to take some advice and just trade up to a better performing bike.Â* It's just not worth all the wasted time trying to squeeze another half horsepower on an already slow bike.Â* Just my two cents.
    Believe it or not, some people actually build engines as a hobby and this kind of stuff is second nature, myself included. I'm currently building a Turbo 12a P-Port, but I don't expect you to know what that is without using Google. The Blast is an easy and fun toy to tool around on.

Racing plugs are perfectly useable on the street. However, most people can't justify the expense of racing plugs when "good" plugs work for 1/3 the cost. On a Blast, we have one plug, so it's easier to swallow $35 instead of $70 or $140 and use the premium product.

As usual you're a moron.
    There's a few. Here's a hint; they're the ones not supporting their arguments with scientific fact.

Splitting hairs son, splitting pubes to be precise. :D

Splitting hairs son, splitting pubes to be precise.Â*
    No, you're just making excuses for being wrong. But if you insist on the pubes reference, your wife said your bald nuggets were an embarrassment so I was trying to help out a fellow Bueller. ;)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast