Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: EBR SX AX

Yes...there are options...buy one! The Buell is NOT (nor has ever been) a 'cookie cutter' bike. Exclusivity is never cheap....but given the specs of this bike,it is actually a value and it IS on par price-wise of ANYTHING else out there.

Not sure why you are surprised, disappointed or shocked. They have been telling US the price for over a year.

"Some stiff competition out there for the AX and the SX too, New V-Strom 1000, Tiger (several options), Tenere etc., Speed/Street Triple (R models already available), New reworked Z1000, New FZ09 from Yamaha etc...Not just the Italian's and BMW's."

None of these bikes are particularly high end (aside from the Tigers and Tenere, but even those are merely upper middle range). Even the triple R models are stripped down from previous generations. R package used to get you Ohlins and Brembo... Not so much now.

When EBR gets into the budget to middle price range market, they'll have some serious competetion. All of the bikes you listed here are fantastic machines for their segment, and some are particularly good values, like the FZ-09. The S1000RR and Daytona 675R are probably the best values in high performance sport bikes right now. The S1000RR will likely be the the RX's biggest competition as every other bike that comes anywhere close to the same spec as the RX is priced basically the same. If I had to speculate, I'd bet BMW's profit margin on the S is likely very small. They probably priced it low to enter the liter market with a bang. As they fill in the rest of their sport line, we can safely expect their value to be a little less (ie another super competitive bike, but at a higher msrp).

Me personally, I won't be buying any of the new EBR bikes any time soon. I don't have that kind of disposable money either. I just see a lot of people claiming the RX is overpriced, while comparing it to bikes with dramatically lower spec'ed parts. Take the WSBK winning ZX for example. How much money will EBR sink into suspension and brake and engine upgrades on the RX to field it? How much do you think Kawasaki spent prepping a stock ZX to compete? The sticker might be a lot higher on the RX, but Kawasaki spent a lot more prepping that ZX than EBR will the RX. And at the end of the day, the RX and ZX that you'll see on the track will likely have nearly the exact same amount of money poured into them. Is the RX expensive? Of course it is. But it's still a good value for what you get.

Me personally, I'll probably replace my current XB with either a second gen SV (if I stop street riding and go strictly track) or a Street Triple R or FZ-09 if I keep riding street. Although, the new KTM RC390 looks to be a pretty sweet little club racer. Until EBR enters the naked middle weight segment, I'll have to look to other brands to occupy my garage. So yeah, I get it. The first EBR models are expensive, and will be out of reach for a lot of buyers (me included).

Yes...there are options...buy one!
    Exactly my point...I already have, and so has several others!

Not sure why you are surprised, disappointed or shocked. They have been telling US the price for over a year.
    Because I did not want to accept it as a fact, now it is reality, before it was just rumors.

They might not be as out of reach as you think if you have a good trade. I didnt think I could ever afford a new bike until I talked to a dealer and we sat down and hammered out a deal. I actually ended up getting $100 more then I paid for my used 1125 and I piled 10,000 miles on it. That got my payment down to $275 a month and that was doable for me. Now I am looking at the new RX as a very strong possibility depending on how much of a trade in they can do and what kind of financing I can get....etc. My priorities might be a little bit different then most people. I drive a $300 car so all my money is tied up in motorcycles and I can live like that. Just depends on what you can live with I suppose but a new EBR may not be as far out of reach as you think it is.

Well i'm glad to see us talking about the new bikes! How do we buy one haha...wait to see what dealers will be offering them? Wonder if ill see them at all in Canada

Wonder if ill see them at all in Canada
    I doubt that ...

Exactly my point...I already have, and so has several others!

When that RX dusts your Ducati's or ZX10RRRR's ass with it's V-twin, don't come here crying about it!! Lol! :D

When that RX dusts your Ducati's or ZX10RRRR's ass with it's V-twin, don't come here crying about it!! Lol!
    Triumph by the way...I will hold my own in the turns, straights, not a chance...:)
    My track bike is a V-Twin, and my sport adventure is too.

It's not only the high-spec parts that make the difference, it's also the assembly/production and volume figures.
    For example, Suzuki GSXR1000, mass produced in tens of thousands in Asia.
    EBR, low volume production in US, many US-made parts.
    I bet Suzuki makes way more for any GSXR sold than EBR for any 1190, 'cause production costs are way higher.

Also, you buy the EBR, go straight into the track at top level.
    You buy the Suzuki, first you have to throw the stock sport-touring tires away. Then change the shock. Then try to make it lighter etc....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast