Thread: Can anyone explain ECMspy?

I'm interested in getting an ECMspy for a few reasons. Mostly because I'm turning into a DIY mechanic since no one is willing to work on my Buell. I've been reading reviews and it sounds like there are a few other peripherals needed for this to work properly with my bike according to amazon. I also would like to remove my exhaust servo using this.

Edit: I didn't mean to post in this subforum.

That's cute. All the links are purple. Let me rephrase my question....Is that all there is to the ECMspy? Just a USB cable to plug my bike into a laptop? I'm new to this so feel free to make noob jokes. It just seems to simple and not what I'm used to seeing. Diablo Intune on my truck ~$400.00 and back in the day a Haltech E6X in my Mazda ~$1200.00. Then there is this thing. $40.00? It just seems odd to be so cheap.

I was gonna say something sarcastic like "Yay! Another ECMspy thread!" or "LMGTFY" but ich beat me to it so...I digress...

http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Foru...CM-Information

Honestly you will probably not get much help because it is such a generic question that has been covered many times before. If you read my link you will get a basic idea but you are on the right track. You only need a cable and software to get started. As you get more comfortable you can get a wideband O2 sensor. Read every thread on ECMSPY and read the ECMSPY tuning guide backwards and forwards till you understand it. If its too much work to research and learn you can always pay someone to do it or buy a programmed ECM fro EBR racing.

That's cute. All the links are purple. Let me rephrase my question....Is that all there is to the ECMspy? Just a USB cable to plug my bike into a laptop? I'm new to this so feel free to make noob jokes. It just seems to simple and not what I'm used to seeing. Diablo Intune on my truck ~$400.00 and back in the day a Haltech E6X in my Mazda ~$1200.00. Then there is this thing. $40.00? It just seems odd to be so cheap.
    I had a Haltech E6K in my e30 M3. I'm in a similar situation to you, and yes it appears to be this simple. The ECM used the Buell can be reprogrammed. So, you really only need the cable to connect to it and either ECMSpy or TunerPro to pull,edit configurations and push them to the ECM.

Thanks everyone for the clarification. Sorry for clogging the forum with a dead horse thread.