Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: diggin in :)

A larger diameter tire will require extending the swingarm, hence a longer wheelbase. If you intend on modifying the swingarm to keep the wheel in the same spot, that means you're modifying the shock mount which changes your suspension geometry.

140/70 is the largest you can go without modifying the swingarm. If you want wider without taller, you need a lower sidewall aspect ratio...good luck finding that in a scooter tire.

It sounds like you haven't thought this through completely. For instance, you list a carb as a modification...your stock carb will flow enough air and fuel for a 1200cc twin, just needs proper jets. No need to change it unless you go for an HSR42 which is not a street friendly carb.

i wipped this up the other night after work, it needs a little clean up and i will get a close up for you guys tonight.
    Is that dryer duct?
    How much does that weigh?
    How are you supporting that?
    Are you running the stock or super boot?

You need to spend less time typing and more time reading... I stated on my first post where I am modifying the swing arm, and yes it will change geometry, and I am fully aware of all these factors....
    Reason for carb upgrade: throttle response, the factory carb lacks an accelerator pump..
    Dryer hose? Since when did 3" stainless look like dryer hose? The carb is supported on the rear by a steel bracket that is part of the intake.. the brackt is bolted to the engine not the frame, stock boot, not sure on weight but then again I am not concerned about it...
    This isn't my first rodeo jet, just relax a little buddy....
    I have been around bikes my whole life, I am a technician for Honda, I fabricate things for every kind of application.. It will be okay.. just because I didn't type it doesn't mean I haven't thought about it..

You need to spend less time typing and more time reading... I stated on my first post where I am modifying the swing arm, and yes it will change geometry, and I am fully aware of all these factors....
    Perhaps you need to spend more time typing...you merely stated the area that you're modifying, not the type of modification. You can lengthen the swingarm from the "shock mount area", or you can move the shock mount. Each one presents different issues to the overall project.

Reason for carb upgrade: throttle response, the factory carb lacks an accelerator pump..
    Doesn't need an accelerator pump, it's a 492cc engine sucking through a carb sized for a 1200cc twin. The CV40 is more than adequate for anything you want to do up to about 650cc (single). If you're not racing the bike and want it streetable, you need to keep the CV40.

Dryer hose? Since when did 3" stainless look like dryer hose?
    Since you took the picture, apparently. Try larger pictures for more detail.

The carb is supported on the rear by a steel bracket that is part of the intake.. the brackt is bolted to the engine not the frame, stock boot, not sure on weight but then again I am not concerned about it...
    This engine shakes, a lot. You should be concerned.

This isn't my first rodeo jet, just relax a little buddy....
    I have been around bikes my whole life, I am a technician for Honda, I fabricate things for every kind of application.. It will be okay.. just because I didn't type it doesn't mean I haven't thought about it..
    Look out, we got a badass over here!

I was tryin' to help, but I guess you've got this all figured out.

I still think you're in over your head before actually learning about the bike and talking to people that have been there and done that.

Have fun.

Yes i do have it figured out already... thanks for your opinions... ;)..

You got nothing but air - I've been modifying Blasts for 13 years - all I've read is BS - you need to show me - I know 99% of all the mods out there for a Blast and generally how they are done. You have yet to put together a meaningful group of sentences on any of the modifications you say you have planed. If you had, I could have given you meaningful pointers on them - seriously - an M2 chain conversion kit will fit on a Blast and answer all your needs - a little welding and your done, For the front - to keep the fender - you use 4 equal sized 3/4" strap braces - crisscrossed on the side to space the fender - spot welding the straps together after adjusted to the desired height. You have a lot of research ahead of you! Like your enthusiasm though, and I always believe in the Chinese proverb - "Never say it can't be done, while a person is doing it!", or in the west - "Show me!"
    EZ

i get what you mean ez, jet is just shooting out assumptions of what he thinks i intend to do... that is the only reason of sarcasm.. i have been researching since before i got the bike i have spent countless hours reading and searching..
    i know whats ahead of me.
    the reason my post count is so low is because i don't need to ask questions, i find the info i need.. i read it, save it, and remeber it.. if i cant do it myself then i will ask for advice or ask questions. this topic is simply "what i am going to be doing" not "what i want to do and i need to learn how". i got the same responses on other forums when i put the 1uzfe in my 4runner lots of "that will never work because of this and that bla bla bla", 3 years and 15k miles later still running strong and its my dd.. don't doubt my abilities, you don't know who i am and what i can do. i am not trying to be an a$$ so don't take it that way.. ps spelling and grammer are not my strong points.

you don't know who i am and what i can do.
    Hey there wise guy, you don't know who we are and what we've done. You need to cool your jets. If you run into issues, you're burning bridges with some of the most-knowledgeable guys on the subject.

We never said it can't be done, merely there's better ways of doing it or things to consider if you haven't.

You certainly have an attitude about you; would get along well with some of the ass-hats on this forum. Perhaps you should buy an XB and stick around.

i know what you(ez/jet) have done to an extent of what i have read on the 4-6 other buell related forums... i never said "you don't know what your talking about" just said i know what i need to do.

i want to mod the bike in a specific way, not the way anyone else has(i have yet to find one who has the way i intend on, but i still search every day) i am not an ass hat, nor a noob to any of these subjects..
    ez i don't want to run a chain, i like the belt its unique to american made bikes and so i want to keep it any way possible.

Then run the M 2 extenders and a tubber belt pulley system - easily done -
    EZ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast