Thread: major problem....need help

wassup my fellow buellers....im in need of a big help... recently my bike sounded crazy and i just ignored it..the day after while goin to work i switched to 5th gear and it got stuck there...so i pulled the clutch and try to forced it to downshift...next thing i know, it wont go to any gears..ryt now the bike still starts but it wont shift gears.the shfiter lever is stuck for some reason...im not a motorcycle mechanic and i have no idea wat to do....please help me get back to the road....

Check your trany oil and clutch adjustment. Other than that you might be f'ed. Sounds like it time to take it to the mechanic . Bummer man :(

First off I'd check the primary to see if it has fluid. That easy to do just pull the cover with 3 screws off while the bike is stood upright not on the kickstand, it should be at or very near the bottom edge of the opening. If that checks out ok you might have broken a shift fork and it's jammed in the gears. If thats the case your looking for a tranny rebuild at best or a new tranny at worst, just a guess though. I wish you luck.

this could be helpful: click ;)

i havent open the tranny cover yet but i tried starting it again and it did... but theres a rattle inside the tranny...im kinda scared to open up the cover coz i have no idea on wat to do after i open it...any more suggestion on wat i hve to check after i open it?

get a service manual & toolbox or go to a dealer...

you need to see what's going on inside.

i got it back from the shop the other week and its a transmission problem...the shop is askin $3000 to get it fixed. is that too much or thats fair price...on top of that, the bike will get a new valve job,gaskets will be replaced,o-rings, etc etc.. plus lifetime warranty....

I had the same thing happen to mine ('05 XB12R), at about 9000 miles. It ended up being the shift drum, and they had to split the cases, and pretty much had to replace all the tranny guts. luckily mine was still under warranty, so it cost me nothing. If it weren't under warranty, I would have been looking for tranny guts at the salvage yard, or online. I don't know how mechanically inclined you are, but for the 3000, you are right, you'll get all new seals, fluids, they'll re map your ecu, and all that good stuff. Mine had oil seeping in a few places, and all that got fixed when they split the case. At any rate, good luck man, I feel your pain!

i had the same thing happen a while back while riding my stepmom's 97' 883 sporty. it ended up being the shifter pawl. cost about 300 bucks at her local shop.

way way to much money