Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Build your own Buell exhaust...

Has anybody out there tried to do this themselves? I saw a guy recently who made a custom setup himself out of a couple of glasspacks, probably saved him a bunch of cash too.

yea i did the same. i hade to have some help from Left Hand Black Cycles in lenexa kansas.it sounds bad ass and didnt effect power.i

built my own cost about 120 bucks and 6 hours of my time and is way cool and when i figure out how to post a pic here i will.

I have a design for a modified stock muffler but the way the outlet is hooked up it points at the back wheel, not off to the side like most (think of a drummer with a wider and shorter oval tip pointing back). would that design affect the back tire temp/traction at all with the exhaust gas hitting the tire about 4-5 inches away. a few people I have talked to said that wouldn't be a problem but maybe somone here would give me a different side.

Dun: Have any directions? Please share!

I have a design for a modified stock muffler but the way the outlet is hooked up it points at the back wheel, not off to the side like most (think of a drummer with a wider and shorter oval tip pointing back). would that design affect the back tire temp/traction at all with the exhaust gas hitting the tire about 4-5 inches away. a few people I have talked to said that wouldn't be a problem but maybe somone here would give me a different side.
    would not do it if i was you

ofcourse it will affect the temp & traction...there's reason why all exhaust point away from the tire.

It can be done! Although I didnt do it myself. I had a guy build me a pipe. Had to make a modifications to it but once I get it back. Im gonna ceramic coat the thing and put it on. I needed my bike louder then the pipes out there!!! Now she's showing her harley roots!! Ill get some stuff posted once i get it done should be in 2-3 weeks!

l8r

Who did it? And how are you going to do the ceramic? I look forward to seeing your pics. It would be great if you could let us hear the sound as well. Thanks.

A guy I work with has a small powder coating business and is going to do it for me. I do have a pic of it on the bike but its far from finished but it would give an idea. I dont know how to post pics but I can email them to someone if they wouldnt mind posting them for me.

I dont know how to post pics but I can email them to someone if they wouldnt mind posting them for me.
    on top, just below the adds, you can see 'your photos'
    there you can browse the pics on your pc & upload them.

in the post you can choose 'add your photo' and then just click on the pic you want to add.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast