Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Run to HD dealer for oil

So, I want to make a run to the local HD dealer to get oil. Should I:

1. Live dangerously and take the Ninja

2. Be proud and take the Firebolt

3. Or play it safe and drive the Mustang?

The better question is why you're buying oil at your HD dealer? ;)

I own 4 Harley-Davidson products. It does not bother me to take a Japanese/British bike to an H-D dealer.

So, I want to make a run to the local HD dealer to get oil.
    Boy, this is an easy one. You answered you own question... coming in at number one.

1.) Make a run... ie you had better use you legs and hoof it .
    2.) Ninja, may not make it here in one piece due to the dangerous factor . Unless it's the 250cc, then it would be faster to walk.
    3.) Take the Mustang, well it's a Fix Or Repair Daily product. Walking a better alternative.
    4.) Buell, manufactured by Harley Davidson... See all number 2, 3... Revert back to number 1.

:D

The better question is why you're buying oil at your HD dealer?
    Because it has the HD logo on the bottle. Duh.

I sell AMSoil and was gonna ask my local hd dealer if they would stock it if i paid for it up front and reimburse me as it was sold. But I kinda think they will not because it's not got a hd sticker on it... But I'm gonna ask anyways

Sorry forgot my point why use hd oil when you can get much better protection with AMSoil. I mean you know it's the right oil to use when that's all the buell company uses. Even there big rig uses AMSoil and they posted the benefits of it compared to what they did used before the switch

My hd dealer carries amsoil but it carries a hell of an upcharge compared to other places.

I have a friend thats an amsoil dealer so thats were I get mine. I have seen it at my local ace hardware 20/50 vtwin for a resonable price to though. There site should have a dealer locator too.

Amsoil

I'm a dealer so I get a case of 12 quarts for like 115 shipped I think ... last time I just drove to Richmond and picked up a case so it was 110 . Only needed a half quart too.

Well, this was kind of a tongue-in-cheek post…. I went to the local HD dealer a couple of years ago when I returned to riding and did not have a helmet yet because I ordered one on line was still waiting. Yep, I have genuine full-face black HD helmet in my closet. (Figured I could always get a Buell sticker and slap it over the HD logo LOL) That one trip to the HD dealer and the feedback from my Harley friends was enough to make me want to avoid the dealership as much as I can. I'm going with Amsoil for the next oil change. I'll have to order it but there's so many positive posts about it that it will be worth the minor inconvenience of having to buy it on line.

Disturbed1 - very clever post… I couldn't help but laugh! I have two Mustangs and two bikes, so I rarely have to walk - LOL! And no, the Ninja isn't a 250… it's a 650… it's not a Buell but it's a fun bike and although the Firebolt is slightly jealous, they do get along well! ;)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast