, biased, power, section, finally, years, 6,xxx, wanted, owners, questions, liquid, people, extra, newer, partial, 13,500, 1125cr, miles, wanting" /> New..Have some Questions

Thread: New..Have some Questions

Hey y'all. I've been wanting an xb12s for many years. I think the time has finally come. I just wanted some info from people who are already owners.

The bike I am looking at is 2005 xb12s with 6,xxx on it. Race ecu, K&N and exhaust. I am torn between that or a 2009 1125cr with 13,500 miles on it. It has an exhaust and ecu. I like both bikes but I am a tad bit partial to the xb. I like the 1125 for the fact that it is liquid cold, is newer, has an extra gear and more power. Although I personally like the looks of the xb better (something about the air scoops on the 1125 kill me).

Can anyone give me pointers as far as what to look for on both bikes? Common issues? I know this may be biased as I did post it in the XB section but which one would you choose and why?

I come from a Yamaha yzf600r so the v twin is new to me.

Thanks

The xb is quick and handles amazing, the 1125 is fasssst. The xb is easier to maintain, the 1125 isnt horrible but is harder. Hope that helps some. O yeah I forgot another plus for the 1125 is you can get the big bore kit from EBR and have an 1190 that 5h1t will put a smile on your face!

well im sure someone will chime in with the xb12s info I owned an xb12R for about 7 months before i wrecked it and bought an 1125. so some advise about the 1125 is all i can really provide

1. Stator issues - VERY common ask the owner if we has replaced it or ugradeed the rotor to the new one from EBR or twin motorcyles. the factory rotor had a flaw that caused the stators in the 09s and 10's to burn up. so that should be the first thing you ask/check on.

2. you will love the raw power of the 1125 it is a torque and speed demon, very fun and very fast.

3. the Xb will prolly be more reliable to you depending on your riding style both bikes have pros and cons.

Great info. I do like to ride far distances (atleast I try to). I have trip planned from Cincinnati, Oh to Boston and back next year. I do enjoy carving twisties and I know both bikes like to as well. I will ask about the stator and rotor issue.

My 600 was fun for five years but I hated not have that torque coming out of a turn when I was lower in the rpm's. This is why I want to hope on v-twin. I like both a lot. The more I look at the 1125, the more I like it. Both right now are going for the same price so price is not the deciding factor. I think the deciding factor is boiling more down to reliability and rideability.

XB sounds like a better fit for you based off of what you just said, enjoy the TQ "it doesn't run out"!

I think the deciding factor is boiling more down to reliability and rideability.
    the xb would be the best choice then

Ha wow my posts barely make sense. Sorry I am typing in a rush and not double checking my posts.

I appreciate all the feedback guys and gals. I would have thought the 1125 would be a better rider and more reliable but I guess not. I know the xb is still available. I am waiting to hear back from the 1125. Hoping to be able to jump on the saddle of both and see what I like/dislike of each.