Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Engine noise from my XB12R

hey there, I'm new to riding and also new to my XB12R. It has 10K on it and was well maintained by the previous owner, however I'm concerned about all the noise from the engine and trans. I'm waiting for the manual to show up and I'm afraid I may be killing it. I welcome any feedback and I'm grateful to have a place to talk.

My 12s is the same way. I don't hear clanking or anything like that but a do hear a lot of whistling and general machine noises (great description huh) coming from down there. I had an R6 and heard nothing but engine noise from that thing until I got a new pipe. Stock exhausts quiet the bike down so much they always seem to be choking. After a pipe is fitted all you hear is what your supposed to hear....the exhaust note. My Jardine should be in next week. That should fix the engine noise problem.

scottedog what do your noises sound like? go synthetic with those oils might help

Thanks for your feedback, I am already using syn 3. The noise coming from the engine sounds like a lifter tick, tick, tick. Theres another noise that sounds like its coming from the gearbox. The owners manual says to adjust the primary drive at 10K. I'm not getting an oil light coming on, but I've heard about oil pumps going out. Thanks again for your help.

qok is a guide line if you think its noisy dont wait, its cheaper to be proactive

thats supposed to be 10K

Mine makes the ticking noises also, my bike has 6k miles and i have the buell race ehaust and the rest of the stage 1 race kit. i thought it might be the primary chain but i tightened it and it still makes the noise, has anyone been able to pinpoint the noise to a specific part?

It's a harley guys.. it's going to tick and it's going to leak oil, lol. Just change your fluids do your regular maintenance.. maybe upgrade your oil gears.. that's really all you can do.. other than upgrade your pipe so the noises go away like NOMORE4s4ME said...

My 03 9r had 17,000mi on it and it does the same thing. I took the bike to 5 different shops and all said the same thing. Its a Harley, thats what it does..One guy told me it is the high compression heads that does it..It wont hurt anything..Just do the proper maintance and she will be fine..

Sure there is a lot of noise,Some said the "kling klong" sound on idle, is the gear drive that makes it. An other problem sound is a high nearly screem sound that I think come from the injectionpump, what can that be , what draw the pump around? Is something gone seize or what? any experience from what can happen Its a XB9r from -02 1300 km I´ve just had Moto Guzzi before.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast