Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Engine noise from my XB12R

Thanks Route, I'll check that. I just need to find my manual now so I know what I'm doing...

Nvm found it :D

It should be 1/2 in lose.
    Good luck!

I just got tired of wondering. So i threw in a quart of slick 50 and some 15w50 and wrung the snot outta the piece of junk. Now I got a piece of junk with a thrown rod or a slipped main. At least i will find out tomorrow when I tear it down!!!!

I got a noise that is loudest at 2500 rpm. even when winding down it is loudest at that point. Don't know what that is. I do hear a tick that only happens at low rpms level throttle and sounds like rods slappin around.
    Question 1 does anyone know about the 2500 rpm noise, Don't know where it comes from.

Question 2. Is it safe to assume that at low rpms and level throttle that a push rod can literally bounce off the cam with what little play it may have? Like a harmonic bounce. Damn things got enough got enough torque at idle you would think it may slap those rods around.
    Thanks Andrew NW Iowa

I like hearing all the mechanical noises. The ticking was bothering until now. Awesome thread :D

I have an issue with unusual noise as well. It sounds like components on the top have of the motor, maybe rocker box or push-rods, hard to tell, the sound is proportional to rpm. I recently took off my primary cover and gear/oil pump to have them powder coated and the headers to be ceramic coated. in the process of taking of the oil pump, my rear exhaust cam fell out. I had to take off the rear cylinder rocker box in order to relieve pressure on the hydraulic lifter to re-seat the cam. I aligned the cam to its marking on the other, rotated the engine a few cycles/rechecked to insure alignment was good. Believe it is. replaced all of the gaskets, re-installed rocker box, strapped the bike back together. started it up, and immediately heard an unfamiliar mechanical noise. almost like a clicking. Bike idles fine, no check engine light, however the oil light remains on. So I think there is a lack of oil pressure(px) and therefor no oil is lubricating the rather dry engine components. I remove the oil pump cover and inspect, everything looks kosher. Nice clean oil is coming in. Clean oil on the outside of the filter. Dirty old oil on the inside of the filter(Oil filter had only 200 miles on it). Intent was to run it for a hundred or so then do a full oil change. I check the oil px sensor, seams good. disconnect the oil line to the the oil cooler and start the bike up for a few seconds....no oil comes out. go farther up the chain. remove oil filter, and run another few seconds...no oil pressure going to the filter...checked the bypass valve...seems good, but not sure if it is stuck open and sending everything back....I am at a loss. With the dipstick removed the oil tank seams overfilled, oil comes seeping out. I drained the thing during the project and added the 2.5 after i finished...Any ideas? can the primary chain affect this situation?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234